Anybody looking for Alcoa Durabrite Shelby Wheels?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
For those who had them widened, did you remove the bump stop bracket that is welded to the inner fenderwell to make them fit?

No mods for me except to remove the shock boots. I went to 12" out back and moved my original 10" rears to the front.

10's and 12's..........

019.jpg

The removed Eibach shock boots.........

001-5.jpg

A slight change, no more upper scoops, the "other" Super Snake 1/4 window option is now in place, the block-off plates.

020.jpg

R

Last edited:

ICUNVN

Established Member
from what i understand and i may be wrong.... but per teamshelby.com unless you have a KR/SS number they will not be selling you a set. hopefully im wrong, but thats the way i took what i was reading..

speedrx

Established Member
from what i understand and i may be wrong.... but per teamshelby.com unless you have a KR/SS number they will not be selling you a set. hopefully im wrong, but thats the way i took what i was reading..

It is not a matter of not having a KR/SS number. The wheel has been discontinued and there is still a lot of demand for this design, they are discussing options about either having Alcoa make another production run or have another wheel supplier reproduce the wheel as close to original as possible.

They will sell them to any customer, not just KR/SS buyers.

ICUNVN

Established Member
It is not a matter of not having a KR/SS number. The wheel has been discontinued and there is still a lot of demand for this design, they are discussing options about either having Alcoa make another production run or have another wheel supplier reproduce the wheel as close to original as possible.

They will sell them to any customer, not just KR/SS buyers.

i should have reworded that. from what i understand shelby has gotten with alcoa to make a run of these wheels. but they will be limited to who they sell them to. if i can find the link ill post it

speedrx

Established Member
i should have reworded that. from what i understand shelby has gotten with alcoa to make a run of these wheels. but they will be limited to who they sell them to. if i can find the link ill post it

I do not believe this is correct, please forward the link if you find it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

The 18" GT500KR Alcoa has never been offered to non-GT500KR owners. The 20" GT500 Super Snake wheel is what was offered through SPP (Shelby Performance Parts) BUT, the SPP 20" Alcoa was not like the original Super Snake 20" Alcoa. The original 20" Super Snake Alcoa had "SUPER SNAKE" and "SHELBY FORGED" engraved on the wheel lip, the SPP 20" Super Snake Alcoa only had "SHELBY FORGED". Since SPP has quit selling non-SUPER SNAKE engraved 20" Alcoa's to the public and only the original Super Snake wheels with Super Snake engraving are available, a CSM number and matching VIN is required for purchase. Nothing has changed with the Alcoa 18" for the GT500KR.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
WOW Robert M that car looks amazing and that's an understatement. :thumbsup:

Thank you also!!

There is a pile of $$$ in that car, crazy $$$ for what it is in the end..........a Mustang.....:eek:

I just keep the $$$ amount hidden from my wife!! :thumbsup:

R

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Doubt that will happen. The bean counters at Shelby will estimate sales and calculate a price that gives them a profit. No return on investment with a nice profit, no wheel. Lower volume plus perceived demand = higher price. They can do this, they just won't if it isn't a good business decision.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Thank you also!!

There is a pile of $$$ in that car, crazy $$$ for what it is in the end..........a Mustang.....:eek:

I just keep the $$$ amount hidden from my wife!! :thumbsup:

R

I know that trick too..LOL! Oh that cost me next to nothing honey...oh that was on the car before..did you not see it?

I would have wanted these....but, not now. I've resolved my wheel issue.

BrettR

Established Member
I would take a set. I could make a set but that would cost me a lot more then 2k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
the 18" gt500kr alcoa has never been offered to non-gt500kr owners. The 20" gt500 super snake wheel is what was offered through spp (shelby performance parts) but, the spp 20" alcoa was not like the original super snake 20" alcoa. The original 20" super snake alcoa had "super snake" and "shelby forged" engraved on the wheel lip, the spp 20" super snake alcoa only had "shelby forged". Since spp has quit selling non-super snake engraved 20" alcoa's to the public and only the original super snake wheels with super snake engraving are available, a csm number and matching vin is required for purchase. Nothing has changed with the alcoa 18" for the gt500kr.

R

+ 1

Users who are viewing this thread