Anybody know anyone high up in the ranks at petsmart??

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
Posting this for a friend who has gone through a ****ty experience with Banfield at petsmart. I'm looking for contact information for someone who's high up in the "chain" in the Florida area specifically Volusia county.

My inlaws took their puppy to the daytona beach branch to have her spayed. They were told first by the pet nurse that "she didn't have any uterus or ovaries" by the "PetNurse" and when they questioned it they were told they would have to speak to the Vet who apparently went home because she was sickened by the situation and went home sick (mind you she's an equestrian vet apparently and a spaying shouldn't sicken her). Called the next day to speak to the vet about what's going on and getting upset because they haven't heard anything from them because after doing Google "research" it's a very rare, but vet was "unavailable". Two more days go by the vet finally calls and says that's not the situation the she said she got sick when she opened the puppy up and stitched her back up because there was no other vet to finish. Which sort of calmed them but was still very upset that they were told the wrong thing.

10 days later (today) puppy goes back in again for spaying. A different vet calls and says she has no uterus and ovaries and was also informed that the previous vet had the same outcome (the current vet said he searched for over an hour). So now either one or the other is lying, I'm going to assume she really doesn't have any innards which okay if that's the case we'll take it. The issue comes with all the BULL**** that the other vet lead them on with. They're upset that they've been inconvenienced and unnecessary risk has taken place by putting the dog under twice, oh and lied to.

So they are trying to get a number for someone high up somewhere to voice the frustrations with this particular banfield they have always felt so weird about this location because every time the puppy goes in they see a different vet (i go to a banfield in jacksonville and always see the same vet). If anyone out there can help I'm sure they would appreciate it and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
why the HELL are your friends taking a puppy to petsmart for anything other than a haircut?

to your point - look them up on their website they will have an email or telephone for complaints.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
why the HELL are your friends taking a puppy to petsmart for anything other than a haircut?

I actually thought the same thing, I haven't heard much good things about Banfield......

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
because i take my dog to our banfield (the vet that petsmart has) and they offer free office visits and all shots and spaying for $25 a month which i have used to the fullest and beyond so they got their pup and did the same thing and it has turned in to a major fail. My banfield is awesome love our vet and all that he's done for my dog. Just goes to show different service at different sites, oh well live and learn just want to get the liar out of there to prevent others from suffering

Coiled03

Established Member

to your point - look them up on their website they will have an email or telephone for complaints.

+65000

Who in the shit would take their pet anywhere but to a real vet when it comes to surgery?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
We tried Petsmart's grooming once. We got a puppy 4lb Yorkie and after the idiot trimming her put a 1" gash under her rear leg which they put stitches in we cut our losses and won't go back.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I also don't understand why you'd have them do that type of thing. I know that the local vets go to petco or petsmart to do discount work, and I had my cat's shots all done at petco for a fraction of the price from his actual vet (lol) but what do you want them to do? What are you expecting to come from you complaining to some corporate higher-up who you know doesn't really care? Do you want money? An apology? Free stuff? What's the point?

Their CEO is Bob Moran (heh how ironic.) It shouldn't be too hard to find his email address.

Last edited:

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Yea sorry to about that man, my X used to take her dog there and after I watched them put the little guy down I said I would never take my pet there, now that i have my Boxer he goes only to a regular vet.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah im with the crowd on this one. definitely need to go to a regular vet for something important like that. if a vet is working with petsmart, its because he/she isnt have too much success doing their own thing, which would make them 10x more money. so you're getting bargain basement service. same thing with the vets the city/county pounds here use to spay/neuter adopted pets.

i did a thorough research of vets in my area. thank God for the internet. i found reviews of various vets in the areas, both good and bad.

but your issue already happened and are now trying to deal with it. make your complaints known, and dont go back there again. especially after complaining. go on yelp or whatever and leave a thorough review of your experience at that location for other people to see. when those start piling up, its got to hurt them. its kept me from taking my $ to quite a few places.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Bandfiled is a separate Veterinary clinic but they partnered with Petsmart. Its not just Petsmart employees performing surgery on your pets. The one I go to is great and Ive saved hundreds using their month to month prepaid services.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
What are you expecting to come from you complaining to some corporate higher-up who you know doesn't really care? Do you want money? An apology? Free stuff? What's the point?

not really complaining just a notification of what's going on at their company. I'm sure they would take an apology as well because have yet to get one of those either. Not looking for any money, just don't want that vet treating any other animals..

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
What do you call the person who graduated at the bottom of the list of vet school?
Doctor...same thing as medical school.

and same thing with malpractice... it needs to be made known to all so that no one else is treated the same

Bandfiled is a separate Veterinary clinic but they partnered with Petsmart. Its not just Petsmart employees performing surgery on your pets. The one I go to is great and Ive saved hundreds using their month to month prepaid services.

This... i take my dog to a one in jacksonville and they have always been excellent great customer service and the "insurance" policy is great because my dog needed it with her leg problems and such... same doctor same "nurse" every single time... great experience, unlike that daytona branch... and again Banfield is not "PetSmart" so my mistake in asking about high up person at PetSmart need a contact for banfield... i guess i'll have to do some digging

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
We tried Petsmart's grooming once. We got a puppy 4lb Yorkie and after the idiot trimming her put a 1" gash under her rear leg which they put stitches in we cut our losses and won't go back.
Man Petsmart would be short one groomer by the time I got done with the asswipe.

Guess I am just more picky about who takes care of my dogs. I am getting the impression that Banfiled is a chain and chains are really the lowest common denominator of any business. Glad you are happy with yours tho. Going to an independant vet is maybe a little more expensive but it is like going to a mechanic you get what you pay for.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man Petsmart would be short one groomer by the time I got done with the asswipe.

I was drag racing and 2 hours from the store. It was probably a good thing. My wife took care of it.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
step.gif

Planter

Banned
Posting this for a friend who has gone through a ****ty experience with Banfield at petsmart. I'm looking for contact information for someone who's high up in the "chain" in the Florida area specifically Volusia county.

My inlaws took their puppy to the daytona beach branch to have her spayed. They were told first by the pet nurse that "she didn't have any uterus or ovaries" by the "PetNurse" and when they questioned it they were told they would have to speak to the Vet who apparently went home because she was sickened by the situation and went home sick (mind you she's an equestrian vet apparently and a spaying shouldn't sicken her). Called the next day to speak to the vet about what's going on and getting upset because they haven't heard anything from them because after doing Google "research" it's a very rare, but vet was "unavailable". Two more days go by the vet finally calls and says that's not the situation the she said she got sick when she opened the puppy up and stitched her back up because there was no other vet to finish. Which sort of calmed them but was still very upset that they were told the wrong thing.

10 days later (today) puppy goes back in again for spaying. A different vet calls and says she has no uterus and ovaries and was also informed that the previous vet had the same outcome (the current vet said he searched for over an hour). So now either one or the other is lying, I'm going to assume she really doesn't have any innards which okay if that's the case we'll take it. The issue comes with all the BULL**** that the other vet lead them on with. They're upset that they've been inconvenienced and unnecessary risk has taken place by putting the dog under twice, oh and lied to.

So they are trying to get a number for someone high up somewhere to voice the frustrations with this particular banfield they have always felt so weird about this location because every time the puppy goes in they see a different vet (i go to a banfield in jacksonville and always see the same vet). If anyone out there can help I'm sure they would appreciate it and thanks in advance.

go to the store and demand to speak to the General Manger or Regional Manager. Use the chain of command and give someone the chance to resolve your problem before you go over their head. If you don't get the results you want, continue on to the next person above them.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I actually thought the same thing, I haven't heard much good things about Banfield......

I can back this up. When i lived in Washington state we took our dog to a Banfield and they diagnosed him with liver shunts, which is a condition that prevents the liver from processing the ammonia from his waste causing seizures. This went on for over a year with medication and he was still having problems. We took him to an independent vet and he had came to the same conclusion. He had a grand maul seizure about 4 months after that in which we took him to a Vet ER and they said he has epilepsy. In fact the only reason now why he goes to Banfield here in St Louis is because i have a family member who works there who i trust. If that were NOT the case i certainly wouldnt take him there.

Users who are viewing this thread