anybody here race at speedworld????

roadwarrior60

Established Member
so im in the sw forum and i guess i just dont get it??? where are all of you on open track nights??? i race at speedworld and i almost never see cobras and/or lightnings there.:shrug: that place is swamped with ricers and it is getting a little old(doesn't help that all of my friends drive hondas). i mean im not trying to say that my car is the fastest in the world(cause its not), but there is just not too much competition there. is there something that i dont know about that track???? i have never run the car at firebird (too far) but i might make the drive a couple of times if you guys think its worth it. also do you arizona (near/in phoenix) guys ever meet up????? id like to see what you guys are runnin':beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I don't live in Phx but I have been to both tracks. Just haven't raced at either one of them. From what I saw, and what I hear, people prefer to race at SW, its just too far out there. From what I saw at both tracks, it seems that SW had better track prep than Firebird. :shrug: I would love to be able to get out there and race at a lower elevation to see how I do.

You plan on going to the FFW in Nov? I have a thread on it here in the southwest forum. Check it out :-D

roadwarrior60

Established Member
its weird that you would say that because all i have heard is that the track prep and clocks at firebird are better??? personally i think that the right lane at speedworld is great, but we wont talk about the left lane. left lane = spinning dissaster:cryying: jmo i guess but its also biased because i have never raced at firebird. and to answer your question, i am going to try to make it to ffw(if i dont work) but i dont want to go alone...... and all of my friends drive hondas so they wont go. :shrug:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
You're more than welcome to meet up with us. I am trying to get some guys from my area to head over that way together, and pick up the guys from Tucson along the way. Just keep an eye of the FFW thread in the SW forum so you know whats going on!

Chris

GoNSyco

Established Member
I haven't gotten the chance to race at Firebird yet, but I've heard that it's about 3 tenths faster than Speedworld. I do go to Speedworld but haven't gotten to in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread