Anybody here live in the Midland/Odessa area?

520Terminator

Wait.....What?
Established Member
Thinking about taking a job there with Pioneer Natural Resources and wondering what there is to do, anything I should know before I take the leap, and if anybody would be willing to show me around if I take a trip out there beforehand.

mustang addict

Established Member
I live in midland. Jobs are plentiful. Economy is good. But that means housing prices are through the roof. Apartments are $1000/month for crapholes and only go up from there. Houses are anywhere from $130/sf to $250/sf depending on what you want.

As far as a car scene...I'm married with kids so I'm pretty far removed from it. Although I still take the turbo car out to the strip once in awhile.

Anything specific ya wanna know?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I grew up in Midland....I'm not sure anything could ever make me go back. The job offer better be very, very good; I hear everything is expensive, crowded and just generally tough to deal with there now (worse traffic than Houston, I've heard lol). As far as the car scene, there's a local forum (or used to be) I've forgotten the name of, but you should be able to find it fairly easily.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
I grew up in Midland....I'm not sure anything could ever make me go back. The job offer better be very, very good; I hear everything is expensive, crowded and just generally tough to deal with there now (worse traffic than Houston, I've heard lol). As far as the car scene, there's a local forum (or used to be) I've forgotten the name of, but you should be able to find it fairly easily.

WTXRacing.com ?

It used to be SARacing.com (San Angelo) but now it covers SA, Midland/Odessa, and Abilene areas. Haven't been on there in years now but I helped get SARacing out there in my early college years.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
WTXRacing.com ?

It used to be SARacing.com (San Angelo) but now it covers SA, Midland/Odessa, and Abilene areas. Haven't been on there in years now but I helped get SARacing out there in my early college years.

No, there was one based out of Odessa. Used to be AnythingCars, but they sold that name like 10 years ago LOL. Not sure what they changed it to, or if they're even still around.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Honestly, I would choose Glenrock. At least based on the Google Images results.

Midland is flat, covered in gas and oil wells...

I love Texas, but anything north of San Angelo and west of Abilene just sucks.

520Terminator

Wait.....What?
Established Member
Well, either place will bill full of oil and gas rigs, as I would be a service mechanic in the oilfields in both cases.

Users who are viewing this thread