Anybody here get their Seats reupholstered?

badazzar15

Banned
Never done this before, but I want to get the leather seats reupholstered in my truck. What is the extent of this type of job? Do they put new foam in as well?

And I know it varies from shop to shop, but roughly how much do you guys think it may cost to get a Driver, Passenger and rear bench seat reupholstered?

Thanks in advance..

4.698gt

Established Member
you can get premade covers from places like katskins(sp) that you would be able to install yourself. might want to look into that

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Typically, seat foam is not replaced when re-covering, but in your case, they most likely make a replacement foam cushion that you could install. I work in an upholstery shop BTW.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
+1 Threads between suede and leather coming apart.:( Going to get an estimate tomorrow!
I just bought some grey suede and covered my center console lid. It looks like good quality material. I imagine a good upholstery shop can copy the stock look with material that will last. We would just have to be willing to pay for the quality.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am having my seats recovered with a leather look vinyl. I was amazed as how close the color is, and how good it felt in my hand. guy said it doesn't crack like leather and is easier to clean than cloth. He is going to replace the foam in my drivers seat as part of the deal.

I am getting the front seats recovered and the carpet replaced and a general cleanup on the rest of the interior for about 1600.00. If I were going to do it in leather it would be twice that I think.

02reaper

Established Member
I am having my seats recovered with a leather look vinyl. I was amazed as how close the color is, and how good it felt in my hand. guy said it doesn't crack like leather and is easier to clean than cloth. He is going to replace the foam in my drivers seat as part of the deal.

I am getting the front seats recovered and the carpet replaced and a general cleanup on the rest of the interior for about 1600.00. If I were going to do it in leather it would be twice that I think.

Post some pictures up when their done. I would also be interested in seeing how they reformed the foam for the drivers seat. I am assuming this is in your cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread