Anybody here ever go to Island Dragway?

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
YEs,

All the time. I will be there friday night if I get my car back from the tuner in time. Should be interesting.

Let me know where you're from and maybe we can meet up there??

Rog

Speedy1

Established Member
I'm up in Wantage (Sussex County), I won't be able to get there this Friday but the following one is lookin good. I went down this past Friday, and saw the jet cars, words can't describe how cool that was.

nj7703

Established Member
I may have to check it out oneday. Would love to get more practice in.

Speedy1

Established Member
If you've never been there you should go. It is by no means a Raceway Park, but it's cheap, and there's never any lines. I would rather drag in a farmers field, than sit in line at the Taj Majal. Nice numbers on your car by the way.

nj7703

Established Member
Thanks, now if i could only launch to take advantage of those #'s. I guess i'll just have to practice at Island :-D

Wilson & Co

Established Member
Mike, If you want I'll pm you when I plan on going with the new setup. We can drive up together if you like since there's a good shortcut that you should be aware of...

Despite what most ppl say, the track has good prep and it's not as crowded as E-town.

Let me know.. I'm hoping Fri nite this week or Sunday possibly.

nj7703

Established Member
Sounds good Rog, it will be a week or 2, but for sure sounds like a plan, thanks :beer:

Speedy1

Established Member
Hey, how come I'm getting left out of my own thread. Make sure you guys let me know when you're goin and I'll meet up with ya. The track is usually prepped really well, and the lines move super fast, I was down there early in the spring, there for three an a half hours with my stang, and ran eight times. All the times I've been to E-town I was there for the same time to put in two runs, and you can't see what's going on trackside at E-town when you're in line.

nj7703

Established Member
Not left out man l.. lol i meant you too.. lol I just need to learn to drive.

98_snake_bite

Established Member
I will be going to Island very soon too. Last time I was there I got in about 10 passes on a Friday night.

As far as track prep goes..............I would take Island over E-town anytime. I have never hooked good at E-town period. Last time to Island I was pulling low 1.8 60ft times and then the following weekend went to E-town and all I did was spin.

Let me know when you guys all plan on going.

Speedy1

Established Member
Stang2WRX-Anything goes on test & tune nights. You'll see everything from 9 second trailered cars to 20 second suv's.

Lets pick a Friday night, and head down. How does July 23rd look for everyone?

Wilson & Co

Established Member
Originally posted by Speedy1
Stang2WRX-Anything goes on test & tune nights. You'll see everything from 9 second trailered cars to 20 second suv's.

Lets pick a Friday night, and head down. How does July 23rd look for everyone?

Negative...

Nights are 90db from 100' away. Burnouts is where ppl have the most trouble.

I can be there the 23rd.

Speedy1

Established Member
Their calendar says Street Test & Tune, I would say if your unsure about the restrictions give them a call (908)637-6060. Gates open at 6pm, we'll have to figure out a way to meet up.

Speedy1

Established Member
Entry: $20 to race. $7 to watch. $2 off with student id and some type of photo id.

Times: Gates open 6:00pm Track open 6:30pm-10:30pm.

Noise update: Beginning with the 2004 racing season, on Wednesday and Friday nights we will be STRICTLY enforcing a 95dB limit for all participants. This will be measured, under load, at 100 feet from the vehicle. There will be ZERO tolerance. The following exhausts, will, in all likelihood, NOT pass: Glass packs, straight thru, lack of tailpipes past the mufflers. We will be using a Radio Shack noise meter (cost about $30) to check vehicles. The settings will be: A scale, slow response. We will gladly check you vehicle, free of charge at the track, but if you fail YOU WILL NOT RUN. We must maintain good relations with our neighbors in the area, if we are going to continue to exist. Note: This is for Muffler /Street legal classes ONLY.

nj7703

Established Member
Have fun guys, i won't be around till the 30th on a Friday, but i for sure gotta give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread