Anybody have a viper alarm on their 03/04 Cobra?

M4_ELITE

Established Member
I just got a viper 350 2way alarm installed last week... i brought it to a shop that installs viper alarms... when i got the car back the alarm would go off every 30 minutes. a quick google showed that FORD's GEM was the cause of this. I brought it back the next day and they installed some diodes in the dome light and trunk light, not sure if they did anything else. The alarm stopped going off every 30 minutes after that... But now when I would arm it or disarm it my remote would beep saying that the door was open (because of the dome light being on for 30 secs) but it would still arm/disarm.

Fast forward to last night, the dome light doesn't go on anymore when I shut the car off (like it would before). It only goes on when I open the door or open it manually. The remote operates 100% fine now, no extra chirps like before... But at night I can't see shlt until i open the door...

Does anybody know why the dome light would stop coming for 30 secs after i shut the car off? Blown fuse or soemthing like that? I don't think I'll be bringing it back to that shop. So thanks for any help...

snakezilla

Established Member
I have one. the dome light goes off after I arm the alarm. everything is working the way it should. Sounds like it was installed wrong or its defective

M4_ELITE

Established Member
I actually hit the dome light last night and it turned on for 30 secs after i shut the ignition. I'm sure they did a really crappy job splicing everything together. I will probably bring it to another installer next week, maybe they can figure it out. Thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread