Anybody have a Ruby Red with nice aftermarket wheels?

NinjaBum

Established Member
Gonna be getting the wife a 2014 here this month, down between Ruby Red and Deep Impact. Lots of super nice Deep Impacts on the board, but I haven't seen all that many Ruby Reds that are modded with aftermarket wheels and a drop.

Anybody out there? I saw the color for the first time in bright sunlight this weekend and it made my pants tight.

NinjaBum

Established Member
She wants some black wheels. Since it's the wife's car and I'm obviously a douche and not going to buy forgestars like I did for mine, I'm thinking about just going with black SVE drifts and a moderate drop.

Mayhaps I'll see about convincing her for some machined aluminum wheels since I think it would compliment RR a bit more.

mark5pt0

Established Member
Black w/polished lip 20" FR500 replicas on a Ruby Red Mustang would look awesome. It would be way more unique than the same ole black wheel thing that is the all the rage.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Regardless of the wheels you might pick, go for the Ruby Red. Deep impact has been played out.
Sadly, this is true. I own a DIB car, and yes, I still love it, but the color has become so popular in the Mustang community, it's kind of annoying, to be honest.

I had Toreador red on my old F150, which is similar to Ruby red metallic, and I kind of which I had gone with that color sometimes.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
are you looking for a certain set on ruby red? My car is candy red, but they are very similar in shade. Sig is darkstar setup of course, below is on a set of GT500's. While they are not technically aftermarket, they do make aftermarket sets.
IMG_1202_zps3bdf1f4b.gif

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
The OEMs are IMO nicer than the aftermarket sets you find, but they are heavy, and if you have ever had to buy tires for 19's before you know they are slim on choices and usually more pricey, but the wheels are very nice.

Ruby Red and Candy red are very similar in color, i would try searching for Candy red as well in your research, may get more results. Ruby red didn't come around until '14

I have a few more pics on the GT500 setup in the link below:
11 GT500 Setup Photos by RC00GT | Photobucket

Users who are viewing this thread