Anybody go to a CJ manifold on their A6 car...results?

KrisR

Established Member
Thinking about taking the leap. Currently have factory IM and airbox on my 2012 GT automatic. Other mods are Circle D 5C converter, 47lb injectors for E85, Mike Rousch tuning, and an O/R X-pipe. 3.15 gear and 27" tire (255/60-15 M/T DR), so I'm going through the traps at 7000rpm at 116mph in 3rd. Best time so far with the 1-2 shift happening too early (6300rpm) is an 11.73 @ 115.5, 1.63 60', in about 800-900' DA.

I can get the M-9000-M50CJ setup (CJ mani, Ford Racing intake, and dual 65mm TB) from Autonation Ford (local to me) for $1392 with tax. I haven't seen a better price. I just don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't make much of a change at the track. I've seen comparisons between the Boss mani and CJ but not one where the user went straight to the CJ from an OEM Coyote manifold.

My previous car (a 2011 GT) with the same mods I have now plus a Boss mani and Airaid CAI ran an 11.41 @ 119 in similar DA.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That is a great price. CFM also sells a similar combo FRPP CAI and/or JLT with their 67mm twin TB for 1399.00. They use ford electronics on their TB and Shaun from AED advised its a great TB to tune for. I haven't seen too many guys run this manifold with stock headers. I would personally keep the stocker (lightly port/clean up edges in the runners), get Kooks longtubes and do a DS before going to max effort manifold like the CJ setup. My buddy has 2012 auto as well, he has the same converter, longtubes, DS, ATI crank damper, E85, weld RTS setup, weight reduction and went 10.7x with a ported BOSS. He went to a CJ and picked up power, however he was not able to improve his ET. FWIW he is back on the stock manifold, 93 octane and is in the 11.0x range. He sold the boss and CJ to save up for a top mount single.

kingcobra323

Established Member
My friend and I have similar setups. My car 13 gtcs stock mani,3.15gear, 3c,alum ds,airaid,e85,MR tune,17x7 front 215 55 17, 15x8 275 50 15 hoosier. Sway delete, kmember,uca,lca, lca relos. MY buddy 13gt base cj twin 67mm, alum ds, 3.31, 3c, sve bigs and little 275 60 15 MT, sway delete kmember,e85 Addiction tune. Same day same track his best of the day was [email protected] 1.66 60ft and mine was [email protected] 1.63 60ft DA was over +2000ft Fontana drags April 11th. My buddy car with more convertor will Def walk away from me. But for now we are pretty close. His car pulls hard back half

kingcobra323

Established Member
My car pretty much almost maxed out in crappy southern california weather and DA where as the Cj with a 5c or even just a 2 step will be in the 11.3s very soon. His car is gonna be a beast. Stock mani is cool and cheap. THE CJ looks great and performs just a lil pricey for me.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I have just pulled the trigger on CJ setup. And actually mine included the SCJ oval, install kit, jlt cai (for auto), tuning and shipped to my door for 60 more than your Autonation price. Search around more. ;)

I'm not a drag racer and could care less about times. This was just to improve the top end power. Lol

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
i would go for this but im going to eventually go FI. The CFM packages looks like a good deal, even though id prefer the monoblade and rev auto intake. any results of just adding the CJ kit and what gains are made?

TurboX2

Established Member
I have just pulled the trigger on CJ setup. And actually mine included the SCJ oval, install kit, jlt cai (for auto), tuning and shipped to my door for 60 more than your Autonation price. Search around more. ;)

I'm not a drag racer and could care less about times. This was just to improve the top end power. Lol

Care to PM where you found that deal? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread