Anybody get a check?

Chargedvenom

Established Member
Got a nice surprise over the weekend, I received a check for $500.00 as a refund for the unused balance of my extended warranty on the Lightning I traded in on the Cobra. Hmmm.... What mods should I buy? Just wondering if anyone else got a refund.:-D

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
thats weird. I had extended warranty on my 2000 GT that I totalled a year ago...never got a check fo that. Just curious, was your car financed or paid for already? I think if it was financed they just pay the lender...if it was paid for then I can understand cutting you a check.

pgordon

Established Member
I got a check for 1200 for my extended warranty on the 03 cobra, cancelled it 2 weeks after buying it for $1200, so did not loose anything.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
no refund here from my 01 ..shurg dealer prolly got it

svt2003cobra

Banned
Yeah, the dealer does get it and are supposed to pass it to you. I had a warranty given to me by my dealer for f!@#ing up my 01 cobra and i had to fight them for my refund. They said it was a gift and they should get the refund, Needless to say i should be getting a check anyday now.:)

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I'm waiting to receive about $300.00 on the prorated unused portion of my extended warranty on the crown vic I traded in. I was told it will come directly to me. Think I'll call and follow up on that. Thanks for reminding me.

Chargedvenom

Established Member
Ghoust, my truck was financed, maybe you should put in some calls and find out if it is still owed to you.

Vector, I think dealers will steal it if they can, maybe some investigation might get you a check!

svt2003cobra, I believe you should get it, if the dealer screwed up and gave you a warranty in return that is considered compensation IMO so you should get the refund. I got mine in a month after buying the Cobra.

esqeddy, How long has it been since you traded the crown vic? It took a month to get mine, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to get a refund, after all those extended warrenties aren't cheap.

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
When we recently traded in my wife's car for a new one, we contacted the original dealer that she had purchased the extended warranty at and told them to cancel it. They had us fill out a form with the date and mileage on the old car and we were mailed a check for the pro-rated balance on it.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
They aren't going to usually just give it to you unless you trade it in at the same dealer you bought it from. To get it, you usually have to be assertive and seek it out. The bank financing has nothing to do with it, because the payoff will be figured into the deal and, thus, they already got their money. The warranty companies probably make a ton of money off of people who do not seek refunds.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I traded my crown vic in about 3 weeks ago when I got this Cobra. I expect it will be a bit longer before I hear anything. I previously traded in a Cadilac El Dorado on a Excursion and was due back over $1000.00 refund on the extended warranty. The company held on the $$ for 3 months until I called them up and crawled their butts. Sometimes its really nice being a lawyer. hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread