Anybody ever sell a vehicle on Ebaymotors?

stiegelightning

Established Member
I am thinking about trying to sell a vehicle on ebay. What do they charge you for the sale and fees. How does it work, the transfer to the buyer?

almostfinished

Established Member
I sold my mustang on ebay, the charges as far as I know were based on the reserve/sale price of the vehicle and the amount of pictures. Car sold for 4200, cost me 120 bucks. I used paypal as a non refundable deposit (after having sold the car to a deadbeat I made it not refundable when I relisted). Then it was either cash, cert bankers check or paypal as a last resort. You can choose to have a shipping quote available also which tells the buyer approx. how much it would be to ship to there house. Hope this helped a little

Nick

quicksig

Banned
Sold a few on Ebay - my ads use to run about $80 (with some add ons) but they've changed up their pay structure a bit. It's much less expensive initially now and they charge a little more on the back end if the vehicle sells. I suppose the idea was to encourage more listings on the site which has worked to some degree...just lots of stout reserve prices (which isn't a bad way to go if you want to use the listing for exposure to your vehicle being for sale without paying a bunch up front).

Same as mentioned above - use Paypal for a $500-1000 deposit within a few days of the auction listing should it sell. That will weed out who's serious from the deadbeat bidders and you can relist for free should you run across one. Include as many pics as possible in the ad (24 is the limit i believe) and start the bidding low to get as many people "in" as possible.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread