Anybody ever hear or eyelid agenisis?

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Our not quite 4 month old siamese has this and is having reconstructive surgery in about an hour. Apparently it's a congenital defect that occurs most frequently in cats, where the upper eyelid doesn't fully develop.
I'll be crossing my fingers for the surgery to go well. Good luck Zeus!

EDIT: Just spotted my typo in the title, Dangit!!

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I've never heard of that, good luck to your kitty! Our Lab has some kind of genetic defect in one of his eyeballs, but it doesn't seem to affect his vision much. It looks kinda like a rock chip in a windshield, if that makes any sense.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Thanks. Interesting. Is your dogs defect really noticeable, or only if you're up close?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck, my traditional seal-point siamese Sebastian is laying on me right now as read your post. I was never a cat person until he came along. He has always been healthy though, so I don't know about that condition. He has only been in for checkups and once when my mom accidentally started the clothes dryer with Sebastion playing in it when he was a year or so old. I was affraid that I was going to lose him or he would have permanent damage but he fully recovered and has not gotten near the dryer ever since. Godspeed and goodluck to your kitty Zeus.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Good luck, my traditional seal-point siamese Sebastian is laying on me right now as read your post. I was never a cat person until he came along. He has always been healthy though, so I don't know about that condition. He has only been in for checkups and once when my mom accidentally started the clothes dryer with Sebastion playing in it when he was a year or so old. I was affraid that I was going to lose him or he would have permanent damage but he fully recovered and has not gotten near the dryer ever since. Godspeed and goodluck to your kitty Zeus.
Thank you. Yikes! That must've scared the crap out of him, poor guy.

Only really up close. How'd he do? Did you get to bring him home while still loopy? Stoned kitties FTW lol.

He did great! He didn't seem too loopy, I'm sure it would've been hilarious tho. Doesn't care too much for that E collar he has to wear. In a month he gets to go back to finish reconstruction on the eye.

Here are a couple of post surgery cell phone pics. The first one was last night, the 2nd was this morning. I'll try to find a decent "before" pic to post

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread