anybody ever have problem with driver side window? 98 cobra

BIGBAIR

Established Member
I need help!!!! my driver side window wont go up. You can here a click in the door somewhere when you hit the down button but nothing on when you hit the up button . Not sure if its the motor or the switch

Just seeing if anybody has had problems with this on the 96-98 cobra's

The window is down and wont come up!!!!

thanks for any help!
andy

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
No prob's with any of my motors, and I have 4 (vert).
Sounds like a lose connection. I would think if motor went out, it wouldn't make a noise in either direction.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
My other cobra did this to me. It seemed to be the motor. All I did was remove the plastic cover, and take a screw driver and tap the motor. This fixed the problem, but only for a while. This is a good test to see if it is the motor going out on you though

BIGBAIR

Established Member
hey guys thanks . i think im going to try replacing the motor first i dont see any loose wires.

thanks again!
andy

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Before you replace the motor, try opening the door, holding the up button in and slamming the door. Don't ask me why this works, it just does. Ask DonkeyTuna.........

Last edited:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Rick James said:
Before you replace the motor, try opening the door, hold the up button down and slam the door. Don't ask me why this works, it just does. Ask DonkeyTuna.........

This is the same thing as taping the motor. This normally means the motor is doing bad

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
NOXCUSES said:
This is the same thing as taping the motor. This normally means the motor is doing bad

Many have had to do this and have been fine for YEARS afterwards.

Edit: Just talked to Andy and it sounds like he had that door apart a month ago to have his mirrors painted, so it may be something else. Worth a try though!! :beer:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Yeah it normally work for about two to three months and than I would have to do it again. Its cheaper than buying a motor, just gets annoying.

BIGBAIR

Established Member
fingers crossed new motor in at 430 today so we will see!!!!

Thanks scott for the call ,, i beat the SH!@T out of the door!!! LOLO

window didnt move!!!

LOL maybe i busted the window though!!!!!

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I realized my passenger side window doesn't go up during Cruisers Weekend - had never used it before. The driver controls works for it though.

Anyone have that issue? I will go the DT route just to see if I can fix it!

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Hey man - drive home was great - left late Sunday and caught some of the end of weekend show at the center - sorry we didn't meet up that Saturday - next time though. :)

BIGBAIR

Established Member
hey matt no biggie. Got it fixed !!it was the motor, then the fuse to power windows started heating up for some reason. It woudl get hot adn then once it cooled down it worked. It was crazy shiiiaat!!!!

The only thing that sucks is the reman, motor from car quest is alittle louder going up!

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread