anybody ever had a bent axle?

pure white 11

Established Member
well put car on the dyno today to see what it makes and the guy says come look at this. so I go to the back and the rear wheels seem to be wobbling. so afterwards I go to work and take the wheels off and put lugnuts on the bare rotors to see if it was the wheels or what. sure enough the axle flanges are wobbling. I bought this car with 750 miles on it and I never hit anything. anyone else have this issue? how do I convince the dealer that I didn't hit anything?

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you hit something hard enough to bend the flanges, wouldn't your wheels be damaged?
Your not the first to mention bent axle flanges, maybe some of the victims will chime in and tell you their stories.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats crazy, well as long as the wheel ins't damaged I wouldn't worry about the dealer asking if you hit something, just take it down there and explain whats going.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Bad wheel hop will/has done it to me, gt500 axles are the same part number as the v6..... sad but true.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It might be a good time to upgrade the axles. If you buy the axles of your choice, I bet the dealer will install them under warranty. This really depends on your relationship with the dealer.
Good luck.

devilish64

Established Member
i bent a moser axle flange on 20" drag radials.... and a very heavy wheels setup. Not awful but i went through 2 sets of rear rotors (just one side would warp and eventually begin to squeak). The track was really sticky that day.... i remember leaving hearing a sqeak that go louder with speed. Rotor looked like it had taken allot of heat after driving on it a few weeks after. It is definatly possible

Users who are viewing this thread