Anybody else ready for Far Cry 4

Explosive

Established Member
Not a big gamer but with no cable net available in my area I'm limited to single player mode on games. I'm pretty excited about a big open map shooter, anybody got it on pre order. I think I might tonight since I know I'm buying it for sure why not pre order and get the extra content (campaign extra content for once)

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I can't wait for it to come out. I'm like you and live too far out in the sticks to get any kind of reasonable Internet so I'm stuck to story/campaign modes. My girlfriend asked me the other day why I was playing COD Advanced Warfare if I don't have Internet. I had to remind her they still have story modes and aren't only just running around the same map getting killed lol. But yeah I played the crap out of Far Cry 3 when it came out. Looking forward to the next one

BlueSnake01

Established Member
With all the crap Ubisoft is getting with AC:U, im going to sit back and wait for the Far Cry 4.

Loved Far Cry 3 even though I feel it went downhill after killing Vaas. Blood Dragon was awesome though! I hope its not another rehash game of FC 3 or weak like Far Cry 2 was. Either way, going to play the waiting game. Have yet to start on Shadow of Mordor so i’ll be kept busy for months to come.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
^Shadow of Mordor is pretty great but doesn't take long to beat it. But yeah AC Unity sucks lol of course the first game I actually buy for my Xbox One instead of rent sucks. Freezes up constantly and glitches everywhere. Nowhere near as fun as Black Flag

B0B

Established Member
I never played farcry 1 or 2 but I played 3 and it was awesome. One of my favorite games I've ever played. I'll get farcry 4

Explosive

Established Member
Everyone seemed to love Far Cry 3, and I see most people bitching its the same exact thing. Which is fine be me if it ends up being as good as 3 seems to have been. I also have Shadow of Mordor which isn't bad but the button mashing for combos can be annoying when it doesn't work and some bosses will kill you on luck or a stupid throw of an axe and keep getting stronger and stronger. Annoying when only a finisher can damage the guy but you have to deal with the 30 followers up your ass while you try to do that.

Guys at work asked me about call of duty AW and were like whaaaat when I told them I only have campaign haha

Zemedici

Established Member
I had the hardest time spotting the bad guys in FC3, felt like I was constantly under sniper fire, or being shot by trees. My brother liked the game though.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
^Shadow of Mordor is pretty great but doesn't take long to beat it. But yeah AC Unity sucks lol of course the first game I actually buy for my Xbox One instead of rent sucks. Freezes up constantly and glitches everywhere. Nowhere near as fun as Black Flag
That sucks to hear, Black Flag was a great game and IMO one of the better Assasin’s Creed games. Aside from Shadow of Mordor, im very much looking forward to Dragon Age 3 and if its anything like the past 2, it will take a pretty long time to finish it. Not finding an excuse to not buy FC 4 just not looking forward to it at the moment. Maybe ill give in, gotta find a reason to take advanged of buy 2 games get one free from Target ahah

Everyone seemed to love Far Cry 3, and I see most people bitching its the same exact thing. Which is fine be me if it ends up being as good as 3 seems to have been. I also have Shadow of Mordor which isn't bad but the button mashing for combos can be annoying when it doesn't work and some bosses will kill you on luck or a stupid throw of an axe and keep getting stronger and stronger. Annoying when only a finisher can damage the guy but you have to deal with the 30 followers up your ass while you try to do that.

Guys at work asked me about call of duty AW and were like whaaaat when I told them I only have campaign haha
Well I love GOW 1-3 so combo smashing my be ok for me. After playing games like Demon Souls/Dark Souls, getting frustrated on games changed for me. Speaking of which, also looking forward to Bloodborne!

Played COD AW campaing, gotta admit, its actually fun and good. Still not a buy for me though.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Far Cry was the best original game ever but these new ones arent really hitting me as well. This one looks interesting but im still skeptical about it.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Whats far cry about? For someone who has never played those games before, can i jump straight to far cry 4 or do i need some catching up to do.

Also playing ac unity and i like it. I really couldnt get into black flag but i do love the series.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Far Cry the original was about one guy stuck on an island trying to rescue a girl with mercenaries all around. It was amazing as an open world sandbox game. The newer ones i have no idea.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Awww shit, didn't realize a new Dragon Age was coming out. Just put in on order. Had a 25$ GC waiting too and GCU, 24$ well spent.
Very well spent, hope it lives up the reviews and the original one.
Whats far cry about? For someone who has never played those games before, can i jump straight to far cry 4 or do i need some catching up to do.

Also playing ac unity and i like it. I really couldnt get into black flag but i do love the series.
It’s a FPS. Each Far Cry game is a stand alone game so need to go back to any of them.

Aside from the bugs, AC: Unity graphics look great!

akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Far Cry the original was about one guy stuck on an island trying to rescue a girl with mercenaries all around. It was amazing as an open world sandbox game. The newer ones i have no idea.
Far Cry 3 is kind of similar (friends are in vacation and go to island where they get kidnapped, you play hero and save friends) but has a LOT better villain. Vass was a huge highlight for me in the game. Would highly recommend it.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Haha, i looked at the website this morning with all the weird face glitches. Also did you see the video of the French guys talking in the background during one of the dialog/cut scenes.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Lmfao that's perfect^ im experiencing all of that. Tried sneaking around in a catacomb and he just jumped up on a barrel in the tunnel then started floating around in the air like he was falling until he died lol. Can't use bad guys as human shields to protect from other guys shooting you anymore. Can't break their defenses anymore so some guys can just block almost every attack. I think I've died more times in this one so far than in all the other AC games combined lol

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Look at this shit. I was running towards my next mission on a crowded street and somehow i went through the pavement and sunk. Now i am stuck.
212xsia.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread