Anybody done a 90mm throtle body, i just did and was wondering if its to much?

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey guys
anybody done the single blade 90 mm throtle body, my buddy is saying that it is way to much. what u guys think?

speeder

Established Member
I have an Accufab throttle body, I can`t remember what size it is but it improved my throttle response a lot, with the 90 mm that you installed, did you notice any differences in throttle response?, how does your truck run with it installed?.

Larry.

Kingcobramike

Established Member
The only problem im realizing is it doesnt have the same responce from some speeds as it used to. but once it hits second it really kicks in hard and go's good

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Kingcobramike
The only problem im realizing is it doesnt have the same responce from some speeds as it used to. but once it hits second it really kicks in hard and go's good

What brand or model is it? Have any pics?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I just got an Accufab from a friend, and let me tell you --> What a huge difference it made!! The only thing I noticed is that now I can hear a vacuum at low speeds. Not sure if it's the air going through the TB or if I have a leak...nothing seems to be messed up....truck still pulls hard as all hell and throttle response is crazy quick now.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
rob mine did the same thing when i did the intake and t/b it is normal
i thought i left a vac like off but i figured out it was just the intake sucking in the air

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
That's what it sounds like, but I spent about a half an hour checking and rechecking everything thinking I had cracked/broken a line somewhere. I guess you are right....just more air flowing through.

Thanks!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by crazy4ink
I just got an Accufab from a friend, and let me tell you --> What a huge difference it made!! The only thing I noticed is that now I can hear a vacuum at low speeds. Not sure if it's the air going through the TB or if I have a leak...nothing seems to be messed up....truck still pulls hard as all hell and throttle response is crazy quick now.

It's normal Rob. I thought the same thing. Looked all over for a leak. I sure like the way the blower whines with the new T/B. :beer:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Yeah, you aren't kidding...thought it was loud after putting on the cageless lower...now it screams and people turn their head even more than they did before. It's great.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Yeah, I'm running my homemade cat-back and it's loud....I burned 'em leaving the car show last week and everyone said all they could hear was the S/C and the exhaust...I'm running 2 Dynomax Race Bullets....the boxes said "Race Use Only" but oh well...NY isn't real strict on emissions or anything

speeder

Established Member
Kingcobramike

What other mods do you have on your truck?, when I installed the Accufab Throttle Body on my truck it made a huge diffefence, and when I nail it from a stop the truck jumps off the line.

Larry.

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey larry,
i have done the upgraded 01 Mass air flow senser, Air intake, and hyper tech.
As i read the instructions on how to install it it said to turn my TPS to 1 volt. Do you by any chance know what the TPS is. I think it helped but i cant tell that big of difference. Going to the track on wednesday tell ya how she did.

Users who are viewing this thread