any wifi thermostat experts?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
currently our place off in the woods has no internet, about to add starlink and set up a few things to keep an eye on the place while we're away.

main features would need to be
- monitor humidity (preferably adjust itself to maintain a target number). We've had some mold issues and while we're gone want it to run just enough to keep it down, don't ultimately care about interior temp.

- be able to view/control multiple thermostats in one app/account. There are multiple thermostats, each with their own AC unit, pretty sure they're all propane heaters

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
We have the Alexa one…

It’s kinda badass. She walks in the bedroom and says “ Alexa I’m getting ready for bed”

She turns the AC down to 67. Turns the fan on, and turns the front porch light on.

She can also say “ Alexa I’m cold” and the heater turns up a few degrees

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
We have the Alexa one…

It’s kinda badass. She walks in the bedroom and says “ Alexa I’m getting ready for bed”

She turns the AC down to 67. Turns the fan on, and turns the front porch light on.

She can also say “ Alexa I’m cold” and the heater turns up a few degrees

She's also listening to everything you say.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I use ecobee. My single phone app handles both thermostats in my house and as many as I can install, including multiple properties.

It also has humidity sensors and can adjust based on that.

It also works with Alexa and other hub apps you may have.

Oh, and you can add as many remote sensors as needed so you're not stuck just measuring where your thermostat is installed.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend?

Is it a regular air conditioner and furnace? Heat pump and air handler? Dual fuel?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Morgan

Established Member
Ecobee here.

It’ll do what you’re wanting and has never given me problems.

It’s programmed to maintain specific temperatures throughout the day and night, I never touch it.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I use ecobee. My single phone app handles both thermostats in my house and as many as I can install, including multiple properties.

It also has humidity sensors and can adjust based on that.

It also works with Alexa and other hub apps you may have.

Oh, and you can add as many remote sensors as needed so you're not stuck just measuring where your thermostat is installed.
I hate my Ecobee thermos. I wish you could link them all together instead of having to adjust each one at a time.
And its a PITA to get JUST the fan to run.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
we have run some dehumidifiers in the past but they have their own issues as it's not exactly a small a place so it would require multiple units and reliable way for them to drain isn't always exactly convenient.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
As far as draining - you put them in a bathroom or by a sink and let them drain away. If you leave the fan on the unit set to "on", the air will equalize.

A large dehumidifier is good for 2400sf+. Or a couple of smaller ones distrubuted by your sinks so the drain like can run there.

Even if you don't do the dehumidifier, leave the unit fan to "on" to keep air circulating. That will help avoid any dead spots in the various areas that might build up with humidity. Especially around windows.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
we have run some dehumidifiers in the past but they have their own issues as it's not exactly a small a place so it would require multiple units and reliable way for them to drain isn't always exactly convenient.
What size were you running??? We have one similar to this (rebranded Aprilaire E100) and its doing quite well, sits in the basement of our split level home and regulates each floor just fine.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What size were you running??? We have one similar to this (rebranded Aprilaire E100) and its doing quite well, sits in the basement of our split level home and regulates each floor just fine.

I'll have to look next week. Im thinking though it may be the same or less electricity to run the one AC unit for say a living room and basement vs 2 dehumidifiers

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hate my Ecobee thermos. I wish you could link them all together instead of having to adjust each one at a time.
And its a PITA to get JUST the fan to run.

I hear that...but I don't want my upstairs and main level to be set the same. So I really like that they're adjustable individually.

Users who are viewing this thread