Any Whipple Updates?

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Just wondering if you guys that have installed the Whipple Chargers have been happy with the blower. It's been a little quiet around here regarding them.

predator

Established Member
Still trying to get the time to get mine installed. Finished the suspension upgrades and got the car back on its wheels. The Eaton is unbolted and ready to be lifted off.....maybe this weekend. :thumbsup:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Vector ran a 10.94

And I will speak for him he loves it.
Who wouldn't!

I think he's running again Sat.

JP

memphisstang

Established Member
Is the Whipple really that much quieter than the stock Eaton(less of a siren noise)? I know that the hp numbers are much better.

Big Rig Bill

Established Member
My Whipple is going on next week. Going to start with 15# and work my way up from there. Other supporting mods include:

60# injectors
Aviator pumps
Pro-M 92mm maf
Gords HE w/ fans
Billetflow TB
JDM/Kooks LT's
H-pipe w/cats
Canton road race pan
DSS Main Support System
Apten Coolant mod
tie it all together with an Anderson Ford PMS unit/dyno tune.

Anxious to see the results!:burnout:

Wayneo

Established Member
Damn I am really really really anxious to see that. I am saving up money for the whipple now. :thumbsup:

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Mwaull, There was a dyno comparison of the KB to whipple. The kb was at 19psi and the whipple was at 21psi and the KB made more power. Just use the search button and you will find the thread.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Originally posted by mystic1
Mwaull, There was a dyno comparison of the KB to whipple. The kb was at 19psi and the whipple was at 21psi and the KB made more power. Just use the search button and you will find the thread.

And i am sure that was done on the same car

Not sure about what you just said but my car at 16.5lb's (17 lb setup) runs right there with KB's at 19 lbs

Who did the testing was it KB?

My car with a better driver then me could easly run 10.7s 10.8s at around 130mph

by better driver i mean some one who could powershift it. i am getting there but cant do it all the time without hitting the limiter

might want to post facts next time

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
does the whipple come with anything such as injectors or pumps or anything? That is what i like with the KB is it comes with BAP and you can get injectors and tbody as well from KB.

If you get the whipple, do you just have to buy injectors and pumps from somewhere else?

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
vector before you get all pissy about your whipple. I was just posting what I had seen in a thread. No they weren't they same cars, it was probaly at a different time, but what ever. if you are happy with your setup then so be it, and have fun with just don't get all shitty about it.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
There is no offense meant by the post what so ever. I just hate it when people get all kinds of pissing when on one occasion something out performs them. So vector has to have some grit in his vagina about his whipple and get all pissy about it. So vector what are you putting to the wheels? Just a question, but maybe we will have to take into account if it is a full moon or not for dyno rips:rollseyes :rollseyes

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
Just wondering if you guys that have installed the Whipple Chargers have been happy with the blower. It's been a little quiet around here regarding them.

I should be able to comment on this tomorrow, as long as tuning goes well.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Originally posted by mystic1

maybe i should start over

what does it say in your sig?.......COMING SOON KENNE BELL!!!

i could care less what people buy its there car but when posting.

""There was a dyno comparison of the KB to whipple. The kb was at 19psi and the whipple was at 21psi and the KB made more power."""

it is read by many as fact...after all it was said on the internet

As for what does a whipple come with or what does a KB come with for the price..

I am pretty sure that the best deals on a 2.2 with BAP and chip are right around 3600 maybe 3500 without chip

Whipple + focus pumps or aviator pumps is going to be right around 3300-3500

You still have to get injectors that is 600-630 weather you get a KB or a whipple

so you have
Whipple...........KB
150-300...................fuel pump
600....................600...injectors
TB........................TB
they are almost the same its your choice
or did i forget something
one leaks oil but you will say the new 2.4 does not leak oil
ok it cost 200-300$more
so now its
4000 for the whipple and 4500 for the KB

Video<----Right click and save as thanks ...injoy

As for waht my car puts down the dyno below was pump gas
most of my pulls are 591-594 SAE

2.jpg

1.jpg

bigz77

Established Member
How does that whipple compare to the 2.4 KB and what does it sound like? Ive been wondering that for awhile. I hear its really quiet

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
Whipple>KenneBell :)

I like my Whipple. I made about the same power as Vector. It is a different kind of noise but not annoying like the Eaton and not as high pitched as the Kenne Bell.

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
U1arunit said:
I like my Whipple. I made about the same power as Vector. It is a different kind of noise but not annoying like the Eaton and not as high pitched as the Kenne Bell.

I also really enjoy my Whipple. Made some good numbers here, 17 psi 602 RWHP and 560 RWTQ.

Users who are viewing this thread