Any way to speed up the sequentials??

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Saw an 05-09 at my gym today with a set of aftermarket sequentials and they flowed faster and looked much smoother than ours. They also went on when he hit the brake, not just when he used the signals. Looked really clean. Anyway we can make ours flow a little faster? And also go on with the brakes as well??? Curious!

edit, here we go. found a vid of exactly what im talkin about...anything for us??
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiRFPk06u2E"]YouTube - ‪2006 Mustang "The Aviator" Sequential Tailights‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

One Sick LX

Established Member
I'm thinking maybe Ford didn't want them to light up sequentially when you hit your brakes, or put on your hazards for safety reasons ... I could be wrong though... Bump.. i'm interested too lol..

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The reason you see the sequential's go on during breaking is actually because the wiring for the kit isn't completed. Most of those kits come with everything necessary to make the tail lights light simultaneously on braking. However most people prefer they don't.

The other reason ours don't "flow" like the others is because you're talking about LED's verse light bulbs. LED's light much quicker. One the older systems when the second bulb is firing the first one is just finishing being lit. Ours the LED has lit quite a bit before the next one starts.

In reality to change this, you'll have to change the resistance on the lights itself to get them to fire quicker. I'm not an electrical engineer, so I couldn't tell you how to do that.

jbur074

Established Member
i wonder if you can change blink speed with the IDS. or if its just a set of resistors. id be willing to be their timed thru the PCM. ill look thru the IDS and see if theres anything

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
good info fellas! Hopefully something comes out to get those results. Those other tailights are just way cooler (well not the tailights themselves, i mean the way they light up, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread