Any way to raise the passenger seat?

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Got to take the '12 that i'm looking at for an extended test drive today. So i picked up the wife and took her for her first ride in it. She hates the passenger seat. She is only 5ft and can't see the road when she sits there.
This is the reason that i didn't buy a Camaro when they first came out. Their seat sits way low. Although they have changed that for 2012 and added a power passenger seat which she now loves.
I don't think the Mustang is as bad as the '10-11 Camaro but still i'd like her to be happy when we take my car for a drive somewhere.

Frank A.

Established Member
seat height

My wife is a shorty also. She hates the 2011 Shelby for the same reason as your wife, can't see out of it.

I checked with the dealer and there is no way to raise the seat thru Ford products. The dealer was concerned about liability in an accident. There is no upgrade to power the passenger seat.

She has no problem with the 2012 GT, comfort package option. This gives the passenger seat power and can adjust the height.

Maybe the GT can be upgraded with a power seat.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
My wife is a shorty also. She hates the 2011 Shelby for the same reason as your wife, can't see out of it.

I checked with the dealer and there is no way to raise the seat thru Ford products. The dealer was concerned about liability in an accident. There is no upgrade to power the passenger seat.

She has no problem with the 2012 GT, comfort package option. This gives the passenger seat power and can adjust the height.

Maybe the GT can be upgraded with a power seat.

Thanks for the info! I wonder if you can retrofit that...:??: I'm sure you could just buy the power seat frame. But would there be a power connection there for it?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about a GT500. I wouldn't sweat the connection..it just needs power/ground. You could make your own. Definitely worth the trouble if it makes the wife happy.

kevinp

Established Member
Wiring isnt there on my 2011 base, shouldnt be hard to add though.

My wife doesnt care for the low seat either, shame they dont make it height adjustable like the manual driver seat in the base.

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
My 5'-2" wife has the same complaint about my 2011. The passenger seat is a manual on my premium model (I didn't want the extra weight, lol).

I'm going to have to make some spacers or something to lift the seat 2" or so.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot power passenger was just part of comfort package. Thought all premium GT's had it. Good thing for my wife I like heated seats:)

I'm pretty sure I've seen posts where people have changed out the frame for a power seat unit. Looks to me like all that's needed is constant 12v and ground. Factory fuse location is F31 on the battery junction box, F32 is drivers seat. You could always check to see if anything is wired to either already.

PowerSeatWiring.jpg

Erich

Established Member
Same issue here. when someone is shorter, the headrest forces their neck funny too. Those things tilt forward way too much.
Erich

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Same issue here. when someone is shorter, the headrest forces their neck funny too. Those things tilt forward way too much.
Erich

I had that issue in my 11, I couldnt even where a helmet when running down the track because of it. So i always had to remember to take the headrest out.

The 12 now has a more sunk back headrest w/ this click click thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread