Any way to pull codes?

KooK

Established Member
Did a search and didn't come up with anything (Maybe I'm typing in the wrong thing?).

Is there any way to pull codes on these cars without plugging in an OBD tester? I've got the car up on jack stands at the moment waiting for new rear brake pads. When I turn the car on the following is on (It's been driving like this for awhile).

Check Engine light
Traction control
Stability control
Brake warning
ABS light
TPMS light
Airbag light

Then the message center.

Service Advance track
Brake system failure

It still runs and drives just fine, I'm just trying to see if I've got a record amount of codes.

Last edited:

KooK

Established Member
Now that I think about it, I'm 99.9% sure the ABS light turns off because I know the ABS still works. I still think I'm close to this record though...

04compgt

Established Member
There is a big fuse next to the positive lead on the battery, if that blows you will get all those lights. or you might have an ABS sensor disconnected. Does your power steering work? Good luck with it!

Last edited:

KooK

Established Member
Don't worry about trying to help diagnose it, I think I have an idea of whats 'wrong,' ;) I'm just trying to get a list of all the codes for fun.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
No, these cars do not display codes via a lamp-flash series like older ones. The airbag light might do that, but the rest won't.

KooK

Established Member
Hmm, damnit... I think I'm going to take the gauge cluster apart and remove that speaker too, that thing is pissing me off.

04compgt

Established Member
Don't worry about trying to help diagnose it, I think I have an idea of whats 'wrong,' ;) I'm just trying to get a list of all the codes for fun.

Ok, I am guessing you have the traction control turned off in the tune or something along those lines and that is why you have all the lights.

KooK

Established Member
I've got a box with about 10lbs of factory wiring that came out of the car is why all these lights are coming on. I'm about to bypass the damn speaker in the cluster because it's starting to piss me off. "Parking brake on," no it's been removed and your ass wants a 50k connection or something that I don't care to wire in. We'll see, I've tossed a wire back in to see if grounding it makes any difference but given the wiring diagrams, I don't think it will.

Either way, doesn't matter, like I said I just wanted to pull codes for fun.

Last edited:

KooK

Established Member
Because it's a waste of money, all my cars I drive on the street don't run OBD2 so I'd buy it, use it once and pack it away never to be seen again.

Users who are viewing this thread