Any VA(hampton roads) lightning owners???

SwampMoose

Established Member
I just recently sold my cobra and got the L and wanna see if there are any others running around here. I've only seen a few, and none that come and hang out at the weekend car shows.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
I just recently sold my cobra and got the L and wanna see if there are any others running around here. I've only seen a few, and none that come and hang out at the weekend car shows.

Hey,
I'm in Va Beach. Had a red L and a silver L at one time. Red one just left me about a month ago and I have the Silver L now. Not including the corral of other vehicles I own. But, being in the area you may have seen my other silver F-150. Take a close look at my avatar. Not too many 4x4 F-150s around like that one....;-)

SwampMoose

Established Member
Nice trucks man! You ever take the L to the track? I'm gonna take mine this friday on for one of the last test and tune nights at richmond dragway(yeah, that track sucks... but it's not that far and still fun)

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
No, I haven't hit the track yet, but am eager to try it out. My L was built at Woodbine Motorsports from the previous owner. I thought my red L was fast until I acquired this monster. Currently though, my long tubes got a little too close and friendly with my wiring and my tranny was acting up because of it. Seemed to have a hurt the shift solenoid and fried my ECM. Wires don't go well with heat and contacting the pipes. :( Hope to have it all remedied by mid week. I hope....

wayboarder

Established Member
I used to roll around in that area.

there used to be a forum dedicated to that.
Theres a guy with the plates ZZZZAP that used to post here all the time that lives in that area. Real nice guy. He posts on the OTHER web site often.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Really?!? I have talked to the original owner only once about the truck and it's mods, but maybe you can share some info you know. :-D
If there is any info you need to know I can try to answer it to the best of my knowledge or I can get you in contact with the former owner and/or builder of the truck

SwampMoose

Established Member
No, I haven't hit the track yet, but am eager to try it out. My L was built at Woodbine Motorsports from the previous owner. I thought my red L was fast until I acquired this monster. Currently though, my long tubes got a little too close and friendly with my wiring and my tranny was acting up because of it. Seemed to have a hurt the shift solenoid and fried my ECM. Wires don't go well with heat and contacting the pipes. :( Hope to have it all remedied by mid week. I hope....

Oh man, that sucks... You need to take that thing up there if you get it fixed! Mine was built by the previous owner also. I thought my pulled/ported cobra was fast until I drove this thing(and I still haven't tried the race tune with more boost which is a pretty good bit more power...) What blower you running?

Whaler

Established Member
Really?!? I have talked to the original owner only once about the truck and it's mods, but maybe you can share some info you know. :-D

Silvblt, he's not talking about your truck. Chrisheltra is referring to Swampmoose's truck. He bought my truck and I hope he's enjoying it. :thumbsup:

1stockgt

Established Member
SwampMoose I'm the guy that bought the Cobra rims from you a couple of weeks ago. Hows it going? Alot of the guys in our area that had Lightnings sold them and went with 03/04 Cobras. ZZZZAP is in our area and still has his L. He posts alot on the local forum though. There was also a local Lightning forum, but I'm not sure the name of it. If you want the name of the local site send me a PM.

JohninMD

Established Member
I drive my L down a few times, sis lives in Ocean View (one of the nice new houses lol) and I lived in the Va Beach areal almost 10 years, I do miss it there a little bit, but not too much lol

SwampMoose

Established Member
Silvblt, he's not talking about your truck. Chrisheltra is referring to Swampmoose's truck. He bought my truck and I hope he's enjoying it. :thumbsup:

You know I am!!! I kinda thought he was talking to me when I seen where he was from... Last friday got rained out, gonna try to go up there this friday and get a few runs in.

Users who are viewing this thread