Any update on the number produced so far?

farmboy90

Established Member
Looks like they've only built 1,431 2013 Shelby's so far!

Iceman, or whoever else may know, how many Shelby's have they made so far this year? Last update I saw was 2000. But that was a few weeks ago.

Any idea what number they are at now?

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
I always knew they wouldn't build a lot of these cars and kept predicting about 4,500 max. But we kept hearing updates that they are producing 1,000 a month and that they had built #2,000 a few weeks ago. This just didn't make any sense at all to me.

So this morning I asked a Regional Sales Ops Manager to pull up the info. Here is what his screen said as of this morning:

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 2294
INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185
UNIT 12 SALES COUNT - 680
COUNT - 3725

So they have only produced 1,431 so far. This makes A LOT more sense to me. And the estimated total for the year appears to be 3,725.

Get them while you can.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I can't possibly see why they would make less than 4k units per year, especially if they have people waiting to drop $60K. That's potentially leaving mucho bucks on the table.

Ford sure as hell isn't going to stand on the sidelines and watch prospective buyers walk across the street to the "other" guys and buy one of their cars. It's a special model, based on a high volume car. If they were capable of moving ~10K units/yr of the previous model years, why would they produce so few 13's?

1stShelby

Established Member
It is probably a component shortage. While these cars are assembled on the same line as the base Mustang, you can only produce as many as your lowest volume component. Engines? But then again, haven't they only been building for 3 months? Based on that schedule they will be pushing 5K units by the end of the model year.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Where's SGM?

I think at last update he said they had made 2500 or so '13 TVS superchargers. That could be a good (not accurate) but good indicator as well.

lelo

Established Member
I always knew they wouldn't build a lot of these cars and kept predicting about 4,500 max. But we kept hearing updates that they are producing 1,000 a month and that they had built #2,000 a few weeks ago. This just didn't make any sense at all to me.

So this morning I asked a Regional Sales Ops Manager to pull up the info. Here is what his screen said as of this morning:

MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 2294
INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185
COUNT - 3725

So they have only produced 1,431 so far. This makes A LOT more sense to me. And the estimated total for the year appears to be 3,725.

Get them while you can.

Someone on one of the forums, last year, was able to provide info like what number an individual car was in the MY production, what number a certain color combo was in the overall MY production run, what number an individual car was in the MY production run that was shipped to a certain state...etc. I use to have the numbers in my sig for the 2010 I owned. Wonder if there is a Ford rep who can provide those stats....?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Someone on one of the forums, last year, was able to provide info like what number an individual car was in the MY production, what number a certain color combo was in the overall MY production run, what number an individual car was in the MY production run that was shipped to a certain state...etc. I use to have the numbers in my sig for the 2010 I owned. Wonder if there is a Ford rep who can provide those stats....?

Once this production run is over- we'll be able to get those numbers for 2013 as well

Snoopy49

Established Member
MOD YR - 2013
UNSCHD COUNT - 2294
INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185
COUNT - 3725

If I read this correctly:
2294 cars like mine that have been ordered, but not scheduled.
454 cars at the plant either built or in the process of being built.
1 memo count, whatever that means.
109 cars in route to dealers.
2 factory demonstrator cars
185 cars that have been delivered to dealerships and are unsold.
680 cars that have already been sold and delivered to customers.
3725 total car ordered and built.
Is this correct?

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
If I read this correctly:
2294 cars like mine the have been ordered, but not scheduled.
454 cars at the plant either built or in the process of being built.
1 memo count, whatever that means.
109 cars in route to dealers.
2 factory demonstrator cars
185 cars that have been delivered to dealerships and are unsold.
680 cars that have already been sold and delivered to customers.

Is this correct?

According to the Sales Ops Manager, the 1,431 built so far comes from this group:

INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185

I don't know what "UNIT 12 SALES COUNT" means. Same thing for "MEMO COUNT". I didn't ask the guy what they meant.

The only thing that seems clear, is that Ford only expects to build another 2,294 cars.

peteypab2133

Established Member

Get them while you can.

I am honestly okay with this number. One of the things I like the about the ZL1 (basically the only thing) is the low production numbers.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
According to the Sales Ops Manager, the 1,431 built so far comes from this group:

INPLNT COUNT - 454
MEMO COUNT - 1
INTRAN COUNT - 109
DEMO COUNT - 2
STOCK COUNT - 185

I don't know what "UNIT 12 SALES COUNT" means. Same thing for "MEMO COUNT". I didn't ask the guy what they meant.

The only thing that seems clear, is that Ford only expects to build another 2,294 cars.

What if dealers with allocations left haven't ordered yet. You are assuming that all of the orders have been placed.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I dont know what to believe anymore when it comes to this stuff...what I do believe is what I can see and touch. I have one right out front, good enough for me!

farmboy90

Established Member
What if dealers with allocations left haven't ordered yet. You are assuming that all of the orders have been placed.

I am not saying that. In fact, that number is all Ford seems to want to produce (or roughly thereabouts). I suspect, the majority of those probably haven't been ordered yet. My point is that the number represents all Ford will build for this year--or at least all they currently plan to build this year.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I apologize for the info I gave out a couple weeks ago. That was a typo. It was actually the 1000th built at the time. I didn't realize I put 2000 until I read this thread and went back and checked the other thread.

Also spoke with my original dealer yesterday, he stated that Ford had just cut his actual allocations to 6 from his original 8, and number 6 is not guaranteed. He said they will give him an update in late Sept. So I think that production is being scaled back somewhat. I still find it hard to believe that Ford would build less of the 2013 than any prior year GT500!

farmboy90

Established Member
I apologize for the info I gave out a couple weeks ago. That was a typo. It was actually the 1000th built at the time. I didn't realize I put 2000 until I read this thread and went back and checked the other thread.

Also spoke with my original dealer yesterday, he stated that Ford had just cut his actual allocations to 6 from his original 8, and number 6 is not guaranteed. He said they will give him an update in late Sept. So I think that production is being scaled back somewhat. I still find it hard to believe that Ford would build less of the 2013 than any prior year GT500!

Awesome update Iceman, thanks!!

Actually I am glad there are so few. Makes them more valuable. :)

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member

Could you post a thread about your car. I am so torn between Silver and Gray and I would love to see more pictures of your car as that is exactly as I would order it. Thanks! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread