Any TV gurus or just TV savy people here?

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
I have a Sony 46" LCD Bravia TV. I have had it for about a year. Im not sure when it started, but there is a purple bar that goes horizontally across the screen at all times, and there is an annoying buzz through the speakers. I have tried millions of sound adjustments but nothing fixes it, and i just dont know what the hell to do about the bar. Does anyone know if this is something that I can fix, or is a geek squad guy going to have to come out and look at it?

JasonSnake

Established Member
do you have any equipment connected to your TV that uses a 3-prong power plug?

My brother's friend's PS3 was hooked up to his HDTV and had the noticeable "waves" going through the screen and also that the audible tone coming from the TV speakers (like a microphone that's not hooked up right). We took the ground prong off of the connector and the problems went away.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
do you have any equipment connected to your TV that uses a 3-prong power plug?

My brother's friend's PS3 was hooked up to his HDTV and had the noticeable "waves" going through the screen and also that the audible tone coming from the TV speakers (like a microphone that's not hooked up right). We took the ground prong off of the connector and the problems went away.

No kidding? I may have to try this tomorrow. I have my PS3 and a cox HD box hooked to it right now. Perhaps one of those could be the problem. Maybe Ill give cox a call to see if I can get a replacement box. That noise you describe is exactly the one I'm hearing, I just couldn't describe it.

EVO-lution

Established Member
cox?...i started chuckling when i read that. sorry I'm 23 and still in my adolscent teen years. I would send it back to Sony. The bravia is a great picture but the quality IMO samsung's got it down pat.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Sounds like you have a color gun out. Send it back. As for the sound you are screwed it is a Sony.

:lol: It's a LCD display :rollseyes

Is it on a Power Surge? Sounds like a grounding problem. Try swapping power surges/outlets. I'm guessing it does it across all Inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread