Any Turbo cobras with C4 Trans?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Not yet my friend but in the very near future, well I hope.

Ill be starting with a 3:73 and going from there. I expect ti to be fairly high but with the snail and motor I am hoping it will leaving me in the power-band long enough.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Might want to read up but the trans of choice for the turbo cars seems to be the TH400 if you plan on pushing things hard.

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
i got a PA super comp C4 built to hold 1200hp so i'm not worried about it being strong enough,but i have 3.73s in the rear end and i think i'm going to 3.27s

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Not a cobra...but a cobra should make more hp.....
I tried running 18psi on the pass. This was the 3rd and last time I'll break the C4.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLdSxmZzhk"]YouTube - Twin turbo mustang breaking transmission[/nomedia]

Janstang

Established Member
i got a PA super comp C4 built to hold 1200hp so i'm not worried about it being strong enough,but i have 3.73s in the rear end and i think i'm going to 3.27s
Several of guys have made that same statement. If you want to get alittle bit of life out of it I recommend the biggest trans cooler you can find, a good trans temp gauge, and take it easy on the transbrake launches. Mine died on a 2-3 shift around 100mph, locking the wheels up. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you. As for gears-3.27's or 3.55's will work great.

novi2000

Established Member
I like the TH400 especially if you are considering a 3 speed for the strength/cost. At some point down the road you can add a gear vendors OD to have overdrive as well if you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread