Any Travel Agents or Airline guru's on here? Last minute trip help needed

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I decided last minute to hit my friends wedding in Destin, FL this weekend. The trip will be 11/6 to 11/9. I need to leave from Denver, Colorado Springs, or Albuquerque I figured I'd have to fly into Pensacola or Panama City and then drive the rest of the way. I have a place to stay but the airfare is pretty steep even for last minute.

Any help from the SVTP crew would be appreciated. Thanks!

allister

Established Member
I always book my travels through Expedia except last time, the flight was cheaper directly through southwest.com

SVTmunks

Established Member
Ideally for the cheapest airfare, you want to get your tickets 45-54 days in advance. With that not being an option, usually the best deals are Southwest's "Wanna get away" flights. If you're renting a car at your destination, rental cars are usually cheaper at non airport locations. When I flew to Portland back in June, I saved a couple hundred dollars by renting a car away from the airport.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Gotcha. I just bit the bullet and got one of the expensive tickets. $1200 first class (whatever first class in a 737 is haha). $200 for a mustang in Pensacola. I wish there were a non-stop to Pensacola or Panama City but everything had to stop in Atlanta first. Oh well.

I should get to Destin around 4pm tomorrow and the rest of the party won't be there til 10:30 so if anyone local wants to buy me a beer I'd be down!! I'll buy you one too.. hahaha.

Conversely, if anyone knows some slut that wants to crash a wedding with me, hook a brotha up!

Users who are viewing this thread