Any tips?

dbc5150

Flynbyu
Established Member
Anyone have any tips on pressure washing my motor. What has to be coverd or what precautions should be taken?

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
dont pressure wash the motor. If you want to wash the motor then just use a regular hose with a light flow of water. Oh and cover the intake alternator, pretty much anything electrical you dont want getting wet

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Cover the air filter if it's exposed uder the hood. I use a plastic shopping bag to cover it and an elastic to hold it on.
I do the same thing for the alternator.

Then I spray under the hood with simple grren, let it sit for a minute or 2, then just hose it all off.
Do your best to stay away from the major electrical pieces such as the coil packs and wires and what-not.

I've done it dozens of times with zero ill effects

Last edited by a moderator:

Dekorum

Established Member
badass98svt said:
Cover the air filter if it's exposed uder the hood. I use a plastic shopping bag with an elastic.
I do the same thing for the alternator.

Then I spray under the hood with simple grren, let it sit for a minute or 2, then just hose it all off.
Do your best to stay away from the major electrical pieces such as the coil packs and wires and what-not.

I've done it dozens of times with zero ill effects

I want to safely do it your way, but I am still scared. How do you get plastic bags with elastic? Lol sounds like a dumb question.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just use a Wal Mart plastic bag.
Then throw an elastic around it to secure it over the Alternator/air filter or whatever else you want to cover.

Dekorum

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
People from Florida :nonono:

I just put a towl over the dist cap, fuse box, and alternator.

People from California put towls over stuff, but we just use towels.

Users who are viewing this thread