Any tips to help sealing up kooks headers

sho95

Established Member
I think i may have an exhaust leak.
right around 3500 it flutters a bit when i shift and the rpms drop.
Does anyone have special tips to seal them up or special tools that i may need in order to get to the bolts? Any special ways to get access to them or write ups somewhere?
Thanks guys

GodStang

Established Member
Only advice I can give is use stock gaskets. I have the worse exhaust leaks. Gett new ones about every 3 months.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Only advice I can give is use stock gaskets. I have the worse exhaust leaks. Gett new ones about every 3 months.

See, I tried the stockers, the bassani gaskets and stacking them both... no dice. I ended up getting Remflex gaskets.. and have been leak free for just about a year now:banana:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn!!!!

Id want to hang myself if I had leaks at the heads.

I still have the stock K member so I made sure to do it right. All I did was use permatex thread lock, the heavy duty white stuff, and tighten the PISS out of the bolts. a year and a half later still all sealed up. Stock gaskets, bassani mid legnth.

sho95

Established Member
so it is possible to loosen the bolts and put a new gasket in?
where would one pick up the remflex gaskets?
thanks

04torchred

Established Member
See, I tried the stockers, the bassani gaskets and stacking them both... no dice. I ended up getting Remflex gaskets.. and have been leak free for just about a year now:banana:

Next time you do gaskets check your header flange and make sure its perfectly true. It could be off a bit and that could explain the leaks. My OEM Ford gaskets have held well for well over 25,000-30,000 kms with stock studs and nuts.

03 greysnake

Established Member
I have some Percy's brand new xxcarbon if you wanting to buy.They work great i have them on my car and no leaks.I bought an extra cause you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread