Any Tips For Black GT/CS Paint Correction??

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
So I just picked up my new 2014 Black GT/CS and it needs a good claybar and swirl remover. I'm not new to detailing but I know black can be pretty unforgiving. I was just going to do a one step using Meguiars Ultimate Polish or M205. I even thought about picking up that new Meguiars Black. Sounds like its an All in one kind of deal. Any helpful tips?

EDIT:
Ok, after doing a little research, I am going to try the new Meguiars Black Wax. Its pretty much an all-in-one. Crimson pad on DA 7424XP, speed 3-4. Very light abrasives because the swirls are not bad enough to really get crazy with a high grit polish. I'll be working on it this month, I'll let yall know how it works and results.

BLKWAX_zps62ef8e30.gif

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I would hit it with a da polisher. some m205 would be good if not many swirls or scratches that would be all you need. good sealant/wax on top of that to protect it. blackfire wet diamond sealant is my go to coating

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Yeah, I'd start off with something minimally invasive, unless it's been really abused - which would be a shame for a 2014 model year.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Ya im using a 7424xp. Nothing major, just light swirls from the dealer "detailing" it before I bought it.

So it's BRAND NEW and it needs Detailing? SMH!
Yeah, the PC will be fine and whatever polishing line you use (I use Adam's for polishing) just go with the least abrasive and a white pad in a small area and see how that works..Then the sealant, and whatever LSP you like!
RC

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Yeah, the PC will be fine and whatever polishing line you use (I use Adam's for polishing) just go with the least abrasive and a white pad in a small area and see how that works..Then the sealant, and whatever LSP you like!
RC

Ya, the dealers really do a number on the paint. But I agree, I want to go as light as possible.

10fore

Established Member
RC

You should see the 14 GT500 that I just finished. I picked it up with 70 miles on it and the dealership did a number on it. It took a long time for me to get it in the correct shape.

Users who are viewing this thread