Any thoughts on What to do

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Alright guys- We just added a pinstripe to our '51 Sedan Delivery and now we are thinking we need to add something on the front of the hood. Any ideas or photoshops are welcome. Or should it stay the way it is. We don't want any thing radical. Subtle like the one we just added. Here are the pics. Let me know what you think

rfat16-albums-51-sedan-delivery-picture728-picture-002.jpg

rfat16-albums-51-sedan-delivery-picture727-picture-001.jpg

rfat16-albums-51-sedan-delivery-picture729-picture-003.jpg

What does it need????

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
Personally I don't think they should go all the way to the nose. They should just run along the sides up the the front fenders. They look nice though. I like the flames

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Thanks Thats what i was asking. What i should put up front. Something like an iron cross or more little flames a bow tie things like that is what i was wondering

put a small pinstripe design on it, but make it kind of small but pointy

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
user17207_pic729_1217365613.jpg

i know it probably looks like a bunch of scribbles but thats a rough idea of what i was thinkin...

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
^^^that's it, remove the v-stripe on the hood, run it along the fender to the headlight

with the lines of the car it won't work. The rolled fenders do not have a place that would allow the stripe to look right.

I had the idea of a celtic cross or something of that effect would look good.

Right now we're leaning towards removing about an inch of the stripe right in the middle and turning it upwards and putting another set of small flames.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I agree but make it two tone..........

I would love to 2-tone the whole car (Candy Tangerine on top with a silver stripe to break it up and black on the bottom. It would look sick) but I do not have the time. Its getting shipped to an auction in Reno on Friday.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
How about getting an airbrushed version of the factory emblem they were using that year with some flame work in it?

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
That could work. I'll look into that one. Hopefully i can get someone here between now and friday. Thats the only big issue.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That could work. I'll look into that one. Hopefully i can get someone here between now and friday. Thats the only big issue.

It wouldn't be an old car project without working on a deadline!! Been there done that. Post us up plenty of pics when you figure out what you wanna do on her. Good luck!

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
It wouldn't be an old car project without working on a deadline!! Been there done that. Post us up plenty of pics when you figure out what you wanna do on her. Good luck!

Will do. I don't think it will be to crazy though since we only have a few days.

Yeah i know about old cars and deadlines. We have 18 cars that are going to Hot August nights auction and we have a few that are no where near done. We have all been working from 8am to at least 10:00pm 6 days a week for the past 3 weeks. Its killin me.

Keep the ideas coming guys. The stripper is coming again Thursday so I have a day to brainstorm

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Will do. I don't think it will be to crazy though since we only have a few days.

Yeah i know about old cars and deadlines. We have 18 cars that are going to Hot August nights auction and we have a few that are no where near done. We have all been working from 8am to at least 10:00pm 6 days a week for the past 3 weeks. Its killin me.

Keep the ideas coming guys. The stripper is coming again Thursday so I have a day to brainstorm

Take some pics of the 18 if you get a free minute so we can check em out.

Users who are viewing this thread