Any Texas Dealers Selling at Invoice

nuxx

Established Member
Thinking about jumping back into a Cobra/GT500.

Just wondering if anybody in Texas will sell at or near invoice on a 2014.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I wish you luck, now that the dealers have heard about no gt500 in 2015. ADM's are shooting up, local dealer wants 87,500 for a 2014 gt500 pp. :shrug: uhh no thanks.

The deals are out there, good hunting. :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No. More than likely not in texas.

You are probably best to get a few thousand off a 13, or find a lightly used one.

If you have a close to invoice deal on a 14 in Texas, I would take it.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thinking about jumping back into a Cobra/GT500.

Just wondering if anybody in Texas will sell at or near invoice on a 2014.

Assume you mean at or near MSRP, since I have yet to hear of any (widespread) sales at INVOICE on these cars?

FWIW, I had NO luck talking TX dealers out of ADMs when looking for my 2013.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Oh ya, I'm proof the 14 GT500 can be had at MSRP here in N. Texas just 3 weeks ago. Gotta find the right dealer for sure. The dealers in the metroplex...probably not. I found my girl 70 miles north of FTW. There's a Race Red/Black striped 13 on the showroom at Holiday Ford in Whitesboro on hwy 82 still I believe. Last offer on it was $2k under MSRP I was told. It wasn't good enough for the dealer at the time but if they are still sittin on it then I bet it can be had under.

Last edited:

nuxx

Established Member
Thanks for your help guys :)

Ended up picking up a new 2013 in San Antonio.

2013 Black with Black Stripes
Recaros, Performance Pack, Shaker, Nav, Car Cover
NO Glass Roof, NO Track Pack

Heard the track pack can get in the way of a pulley from a friend who had a 2013.

Ended up paying $4,500 under sticker :)

BTW: A lot of dealers would do MSRP on 14s that I spoke to.

Here it is on a pit stop on the way home:

2q9gpkg.jpg

Last edited:

BCPD199

Established Member
There's a Race Red/Black striped 13 on the showroom at Holiday Ford in Whitesboro on hwy 82 still I believe. Last offer on it was $2k under MSRP I was told. It wasn't good enough for the dealer at the time but if they are still sittin on it then I bet it can be had under.

You would think after getting stung with the KR's, they would learn their lesson by now. This car is well on it's way to having a birthday and here it sits with the dealer holding out for it. They could of sold when it first came in at MSRP and then made almost another 3 grand with the holdback money. Instead they're paying interest on their floorplan, losing more money every day. If the dealer loves the car that much, buy it a friggin' wedding ring!

Back to the OP, congrats on your new car!

nuxx

Established Member
So you guys think it was a pretty good deal?

Also, I remember reading something about the car being in a lame mode for the first X miles or Y starts. What's that all about?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So you guys think it was a pretty good deal?

Also, I remember reading something about the car being in a lame mode for the first X miles or Y starts. What's that all about?

you got the car for about invoice. Thats one of the better deals on this board

Yes, you'll have to put some (less than 50) miles on the car, and then she wakes up. :)

nhs156

Established Member
I think you got a pretty good deal. I bought a new '13 about a month ago in Houston. All-in-all (discount from MSRP, higher value of trade-in + tax savings) I saved about $6K vs. buying a new '14 at sticker. I could've bought a new '14 for $1K below MSRP which would have netted a savings of about $5K. So the deal is pretty close to yours, all things considered. As much as I wanted a '14 I couldn't get myself to spend $5-6K more just for a newer model year.

Also, the key to working these deals - if bringing a trade-in - is to let the dealer know you don't care where they apply the discount. If they want to take money off sticker - great. If they'd like to give me more for my trade-in vs. carmax or best offer from other dealer's, that's fine too. I'm just trying to minimize cash outlay.

nuxx

Established Member
Awesome, I don't mind spending money... but want to feel like I got a good deal.

Yeah I just try to never use a trade, just try to get rid of the other car before hand. Actually sold my M6 a few months ago.

It sure it nice to have torque again :) How long is typical break in?

Will probably leave it alone (minus tint) until it starts feeling normal to me. Then do intake, exhaust, tune and a pulley down the line.

What's the best mods for these cars? What's not worth it?

Sorry I've been out of it since the 03-04 days...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Awesome, I don't mind spending money... but want to feel like I got a good deal.

Yeah I just try to never use a trade, just try to get rid of the other car before hand. Actually sold my M6 a few months ago.

It sure it nice to have torque again :) How long is typical break in?

Will probably leave it alone (minus tint) until it starts feeling normal to me. Then do intake, exhaust, tune and a pulley down the line.

What's the best mods for these cars? What's not worth it?

Sorry I've been out of it since the 03-04 days...

Oh man so many threads on this stuff

But- 500 miles or so on that clutch

Reach out to VAN at Revan racing for his 13-6 kit

nuxx

Established Member
Oh man so many threads on this stuff

But- 500 miles or so on that clutch

Reach out to VAN at Revan racing for his 13-6 kit

Nice not bad for $1499. Guess get that and exhaust.

Then do the pulley later.

Users who are viewing this thread