Any SVTP'ers play DayZ standalone?

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone plays it. It's still in alpha but man is the social interaction funny.

For anyone who isn't familiar, the game is based on a ARMA 2 mod that puts in a post apocalyptic part of the soviet union where you only spawn with the cloths off your back. Their are no respawns, checkpoints, or missions. Only objective is to survive as long as you can. When you meet other players you have to decide weather they will be friendly or kill you on sight. This game is about as tactical as it gets. you need to find your gear and find some friend or run solo.

here are some videos
DayZ Early Access Launch Trailer - YouTube

HOW NOT to be a NOOB (DayZ Standalone) - YouTube

The game as is sits has very basic features since it is alpha. it's on steam for 29.99 and is still pretty playable by no means is it not buggy though. it started as a indie MOD and now as a unfinished standalone has already sold almost 900,000 Copies since before Christmas. not bad for an indie game made by one guy.

If any of you play add me on steam: kingcobra04

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
I plan on getting into closer to summer when school is over

but I have been watching a lot of stuff about it. Looks very promising

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I like watching the videos but it just seems like it would be too stressful. Lots of people just camp for noobs which is stupid. There are some hilarious videos as well. The best is "trying to catch me riding dirty".

[youtube_browser]PXTQhNQw9wo[/youtube_browser]

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I like watching the videos but it just seems like it would be too stressful. Lots of people just camp for noobs which is stupid. There are some hilarious videos as well. The best is "trying to catch me riding dirty".

[youtube_browser]PXTQhNQw9wo[/youtube_browser]

Thats the beauty of the game there is no boundaries to how you play. Getting noob sniped is because you play like a noob. Bandits will sit NEAR the spawns and all the new spawns and first time players (bambi's) run down the coastline to electro and Cherno (noob and loot hotspots)

I plays as a Counter bandit and when I fresh spawn I literally run for the hills. Instead of heading south like every noob and head northeast to the northeast military airfield (military always spawns weapons and this airfield is not as popular as NW or berezino) once I get an M4, I make my way south to berezino to top up on ammo and maybe even see someone looting. Then on to hit all the bandits from a north approach to electro and steal their sniper rifle. Honestly 70% of the time you approach Electro from the north you will see and guy with a fresh sniper just trying to pick people off from noob mountain and if you can be sneaky enough you can get him with just a few shots.

And if you want to ensure you get gear then join a low populated server and then when your ready join a high pop. This isn't COD or BF4 it requires actual skill to stay alive. You must be good at strategy, approach, Social skills ( i have talked my way out of dieing a few times), and twitch shooters.

The game has limited content, so there are no vehicles yet. At this stage they are just working on the core gameplay which is so much fun right now and much better than the mod. Just be prepared to do a lot of running for the next couple of months.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Bump

Game has had a few updates and is getting pretty fun. anyone who wants to play add me on steam: xramrodx

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I just got started on DayZ Stand Alone about a week ago. So far I've been killed 5 times, held hostage, and spent countless hours looking for supplies and weapons.

I can say this, I've never felt stressed or nervous about what shits about to go down in a video game before. The feeling when you hear someone creeping up on you and all you have is a fire axe is unexplainable.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
bumping this, I just downloaded the game an hour ago. Its annoying to learn it for the first time when its pitch black out and you can only see what your flashlight shows. I have much to learn in this game.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I used to love watching streams on twitch. I heard streams are now delayed 15secs... BS

Anyways I wanted to get into this game just didnt have time.
I found a similiar (although NON fps) zombie-style survival game that is kind of like diablo, called Project Zomboid: The Alpha-funded Zombie Survival RPG

Didn't mean to derail, if I ever get the time I'd love to get into DayZ and build a cheap streaming PC connected to my gaming pc.

Tispho

Established Member
Bought it on Humble Bundle a while back for $6, but can't figure out what to do.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Im getting into the DayZ mod, once the standalone gets a few more features Ill go for it.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
bump again, they are adding new features every 3 weeks. If anyone needs a friend in the game to show them how to survive let me know. Steam name kingcobra04

Anyone looking to play this game here is my .02. The game is buggy and sometimes frustrating as any alpha would be. You do a lot of running when you don't know where your going but when you get the hang of it. the game gives you an excitement not found in any other game. You are invested in your life, when you encounter other players especially armed there no better rush than this game. I have been in gun fights where my hands were shaking after words. It is very addicting.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have been in gun fights where my hands were shaking after words. It is very addicting.

Oh man, I have so many stories since I started playing. Its true, game really gets your heart going...

Last week I was exploring the boat alone, I had a blaze 95 and a 12ga in my backpack. The server only had like 5 people in the game so I figured I was good. Nope, someone spawned ontop of me as I was in a room, I heard the gun load. So I waited, waited, waited, then I saw a face in the window. I said "HEY!" but he ran off. I ran down the side of the boat trying to find him and he popped up and shot me in the back. I turned around and fired off 2 shots right before he shot me again and I went down. I was so pissed, I just yelled "DICK" before I respawned, to which I heard "Got you ****er!" in return.

Well, when I spawned on the coast, someone immediately ran up to me and said

Him - "Hey, you just spawn?"

Me- "Yeah, I just got killed"

Him - "What happened?"

Me - "Some guy on the boat shot me"

Him - "Oh, that was me haha"

Me - "wait what? how?"

Him - Well, when you turned around, you shot me in the head twice"

Me - ":lol: :banana:"

At that point I wasn't even mad I was just laughing to hard. We both laughed about it then parted ways.

Few Screenshots

Das Boat

7ACE7E9A8042A0B5A55D5246265E42B1A8AE7E2A

670CD795278AEC0F686BD570BCFB0991177F8A1B

Me about to splat on the ground because I broke my legs and couldn't find morpheme, so I rolled off the top of a factory roof :D

C94102D916A817A9B841735CC30165E8793406A9

This is usually how I try to spec myself out. I often keep a M4 in my hands with a 9130 on my back

4182205F690251B9ECFEFD97E76F0A28E8000DC2

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
anyone who as bought the game but needs a basic run down on what to do just add me to steam. I can get you geared up and show you how to do it. Game has a steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it and get over the stress of alpha bugs it is literally like no other gaming experience.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I haven't actually played in a while so I probably should again... IIRC I'm back to bambi mode in regular non-experimental.

Here is me bashing in the heads of 2 guys who wanted to die and respawn

49A9CE8F20B4EAB585DD9176A6C77DB09B6860B4

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Next time I die and lose all my stuff, I need to finally try this

[youtube_browser]wMXNHmH7_jM[/youtube_browser]

Also, they released a new dev vlog a few days ago. They're working on "throwing" physics for items, as well as crossbows and the whole hunting aspect.

Digital

Established Member
Yea you could say I played. Owned the #1 server for a few months and the first server to ever hit 100 players. If you ever played overwatch a lot of the development came from experiences on my server.

14wyjki.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread