Any SVTP Military in Korea?

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I just PCS'd to Korea and wondered if anyone from SVTP is here. Let me know.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Sure will. Thanks.

im going on leave end of this month wont be back till end of feb. If you ever come up this way PM me.

Yes, I came here ua and in line with Army tradition I was told I was filling one slot but when I got on ground I'm now told I'm going somewhere else. Kind of sucks but it is what it is. Thank God it's a 12 month tour. I in-processed with a couple NCO's that where going to Daegu. They were both pretty happy. Is this your first K tour? I'm on my second.

Down in Daegu. **** this place, Korea isn't for me.

Did you come unaccompanied?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
First and will be my last. I will never willing be part of PACAF again. I'm actually at a ROK base with no AAFES facilities and have to drive 30+ min to Camp Walker for the commissary. Tons of fail.

I've got less than 2 months left so that is a plus. I think if maybe I was at a different base I might find this place more enjoyable. But I'm not going to test those waters.

The Army doesn't give you guys a follow-on does it?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
First and will be my last. I will never willing be part of PACAF again. I'm actually at a ROK base with no AAFES facilities and have to drive 30+ min to Camp Walker for the commissary. Tons of fail.

I've got less than 2 months left so that is a plus. I think if maybe I was at a different base I might find this place more enjoyable. But I'm not going to test those waters.

The Army doesn't give you guys a follow-on does it?

IM over here in Korea. LMFAO!!!!!!!! this is a small world. I'm in Daegu got my own place and also work over at the ROK compound daily. Yep 30 min drive from Henry to my work place. sadly, no cobra though just me and my hooptie

This is my last stop in 20 years, next PCS....o wait, Im retiring after 20 years of shinanigans.:beer: Retiring from here and than back to the states to be a civilain

Yes the Army does give a follow on like at 6 months out I had orders and a welcome letter ffrom my gaining unit which would have been Ft Hood....nope Im good Ive seen enough of the world

This is my 2nd time in Korea. In 99 I was up at Camp Hovey.....let me tell you, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to leave Korea the first time as an E-5 promotable, amazing, casue back then the quickest way to make E-5 in Korea was to come here an E-6

Sure will. Thanks.

Yes, I came here ua and in line with Army tradition I was told I was filling one slot but when I got on ground I'm now told I'm going somewhere else. Kind of sucks but it is what it is. Thank God it's a 12 month tour. I in-processed with a couple NCO's that where going to Daegu. They were both pretty happy. Is this your first K tour? I'm on my second.

OP...are you a 13 series? I ask cause you have Lawton listed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread