Any SVT farmers out there?

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
I'm bored sitting on the tractor seeding wheat and wondering if there is anyone else on here doing the same thing right now. We are running right around 1500acres also have a qutoa of 190000kgs of turkeys. Just got 6800 little buggers on wednesday we also have another 6400 birds at about 9 weeks old. I can post some pictures later of the small birds than big ones later if anyone cares.

coldair

I use the search function
Established Member
Do it, I'd love to see, I've got some friend who are farmers but I'm not one my self

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Potatoes in Colorado here. Planting right now. Gonna end up with ~1700 acres, all seed potatoes. I shipped about ten loads to Alberta this winter for Frito Lay. We rotate our 1700 acres of potatoes every year with a Sorghum crop that we just till under.

I had a thread on here a few years ago with pics of our planting operation but I can't find it.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'd love to see pictures. I often day dream and wish I was a farmer. I grew up around farms.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Not a farmer but I'm surrounded by farms, thousands and thousands of acres, mostly soybeans and corn. I've noticed the newest farming practice around here is off season cover crops. The local farmers don't disk the fields in the spring, they seed right over a low level cover plant that was planted after the fall harvest. Anybody else seeing this happen?

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
lol, I just posted on another thread about being a farmer. We dont have 1500acres only 500. Although we are trying to expand by next winter, we sell alfalfa. We also had wheat at one point, so far its just me, my pops and my little brother.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
we need some pics of big ass expensive mechanical shit! my grandpa was a farm hand when my dad was growing up, we usually make a trip out there ever few years and check it out. love farm stuff, wish i had the opportunity to do some farm work when i was younger.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
tropic_thunder_16_lead_farmer.jpg

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
My buddy has some nice stuff cat tractor on tracks 60ft air drill 2 brand new jd combines with 40ft headers. We got a cat combine on tracks had some wet years made ruts 3-4feet deep. I love doing it busy at times but I am my own boss and can take off when I want.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Potatoes in Colorado here. Planting right now. Gonna end up with ~1700 acres, all seed potatoes. I shipped about ten loads to Alberta this winter for Frito Lay. We rotate our 1700 acres of potatoes every year with a Sorghum crop that we just till under.

I had a thread on here a few years ago with pics of our planting operation but I can't find it.

I remember that, it was awesome and very interesting. This is chicken farming country, so it always smells like shit.

Users who are viewing this thread