any runners in here? (shoe recommendations)

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
I realize everyone has a different foot type, but those of you that do exercise/run on a regular basis what type of shoes do you have? I've heard that it's wise to replace running shoes every 3-4 months, any truth to that? I'm towards the end of my backgrounds for a law enforcement agency and I've been running a couple of miles every other day in preparation for the academy, doing well so far but considering my current running shoes i also use for the gym and work they're a bit worn out, i plan on getting some dedicated running shoes now, if it means anything i run mainly street, and occasionally on a dirt track, thanks

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
asics gt 2100 or 2120 series, 3-4 months is wayy too often, if anything get some custom insoles. but i wore mine all through boot camp and still wear them as an every day shoe.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I have been a runner for years and I used to wear Nike. A few years ago a friend suggested that I try Asics. I like them much better and would recommend them. I don't replace them every 3 to 4 months. I only replace them when the soles get real worn. My running shoes are only used for running, not for going out to the store or kicking around.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
yea that's what i figured about the 3-4 month thing, i need to hit up some of the pre x mas sales :D

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
most important thing is the fit, make sure to take them out for a good test drive not just a walk around. one of the best things that helps out with the fit is a good pair of running socks, they keep your feet dry, ie no blisters and usually have a good bit of cushioning. you're almost making me want to go for a run if it wasn't snowing...

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
most important thing is the fit, make sure to take them out for a good test drive not just a walk around. one of the best things that helps out with the fit is a good pair of running socks, they keep your feet dry, ie no blisters and usually have a good bit of cushioning. you're almost making me want to go for a run if it wasn't snowing...

Any specific place sell running socks? Sorry for the dumb question but never really heard that term before. Yea don't really have an issue with snow over here, i'm mad that it gets down to like 45+ at night, it was high 70's today and same for tomorrow

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Most Asics are great. I've been running on a pair of Asics Gel Kayano (sp?)12s . They're very comfortable on all terrains with plenty of arch support. They're sure to last me at least a year, and I overpronate when I run (my feet tend to roll inward).

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member

Whizzle

Established Member
Ive been told to replace shoes every 300-500 running miles.

Personally, I was an Asics man until I tried the Nike air pegasus line. Its the best supporting shoe ive ever worn

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
thanks for the advice everyone, looks like i have some shopping to do :rockon:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
I guess its somewhat relevant but how much do you guys weigh in at? I've had some knee problems in the past from sports/skateboarding, i'm currently at 200lbs (6'2)

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
5'11-160lbs new balance and nike make really good shoes, it just depends on your foot, personally asics fit me the best but each brand supports in just a little different way, it all personal preference. you can tell a lot from the wear pattern of you last pair of shoes, kinda of like tires

of yeah egg nog milkshake FTW!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread