Any reviews on the Ram 9 1/2" clutch?

94CobraPace

Established Member
Clutch has slipped once, so started researching clutches. Called Tommy Vauhn in Houston and they guy I know there said they have a Ram twin disk 9 1/2" clutch for the 500's. Said it had a rating of 800 fts torque. Said pedal effort was less than stock. And at less than $1000?
Other choice would be the RXT for $1300.
Car has pulley tune and FRPP CAI and is daily driven.
Any reviews of the Ram?
Thanks

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I had a Ram Powergrip in my '03 Cobra and absolutely loved it. Most of the people on here tend to go with McLeod. I will be sticking with the Ram company if/when I need a clutch upgrade.

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
I went with the McLeod RXT with heavy steel flywheel. You are more than welcome to check out the pedal feel and/or take it for a spin next time I see you. I will be at Houston C&C Saturday and The Woodlands C&C Sunday. For a comparison Sherri has the Spec street twin. I went through the same process several month ago, and I could not find anyone that had a RAM street dual in a GT500 (10.5 or 9.5). I think the 9.5 is fairly new. I put together a write up about the McLeod. I will see if I can find the post.

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
I've let Dennis and Sherri drive my car, they both loved the RXT.

:banana:

Yep... thanks to Josh I settled my decision on the RXT. :beer:

Josh... you should try to make it out to TWCC Cars & Coffee Sunday morning. It is from 9am to 11am, but many of us meet ahead of time and arrive together. We will meet in the Target parking lot on I-45 @ Lake Woodlands Drive at 7:45am and leave at 8:00am to drive to Market Street.

Users who are viewing this thread