Any pullied and chipped GT's yet?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Since there hasn't even been a couple hundred of them delivered yet, I highly doubt that. What aftermarket company in their right mind would spend $$ on Reserach and development for go-fast parts for 100 or so cars? Especially when most of those 100 owners will be happy w/the car that they have as is.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
It really wouldn't be that big of a deal.. We know how the pulleys work, and any tuner and put a chip in a car...

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyGman
Especially when most of those 100 owners will be happy w/the car that they have as is.

I think that most everyone wouldn't mind one stock. I'm getting sick of people who are so worried about modded a GT, when most of them won't even get a ride in one becasue of the low production numbers. Honestly you don't need to mod a car that is that fast to begin with. When you mod a car you are compromising the integrity of the car. You put more stress on the car than it is designed to have. In the long run you are killing your car. With less than what, 3000 GTs, why do it. I don't know, I respect the car stock.

xjeeper

Established Member
Originally posted by 03LGCOBRA
I think that most everyone wouldn't mind one stock. I'm getting sick of people who are so worried about modded a GT, when most of them won't even get a ride in one becasue of the low production numbers. Honestly you don't need to mod a car that is that fast to begin with. When you mod a car you are compromising the integrity of the car. You put more stress on the car than it is designed to have. In the long run you are killing your car. With less than what, 3000 GTs, why do it. I don't know, I respect the car stock.

You are a pussy. Shut up and quit whining.

rust0r

Established Member
Since there hasn't even been a couple hundred of them delivered yet, I highly doubt that. What aftermarket company in their right mind would spend $$ on Reserach and development for go-fast parts for 100 or so cars? Especially when most of those 100 owners will be happy w/the car that they have as is.

go take a look at that episode of rides, they made a set of custom 1 lug wheels for an enzo....with the right money they'll make you a pulley and chip for whatever the hell you want

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by rust0r
go take a look at that episode of rides, they made a set of custom 1 lug wheels for an enzo....with the right money they'll make you a pulley and chip for whatever the hell you want

That's just it. I question whether "the money" is even there or not. I don't think it is yet. There really aren't any owners of GT's who have had them longer than one summer. And how many people do you think there are who will purchase a rare car for 200K, and want to modify that rare car after merely putting a couple thousand miles on it? I mean the car is barely broken in. Sure I installed different gears in my Marauder after having only 1,500 miles on the car, but a Ford GT my car is NOT.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that "any tuner" can burn a chip for any car like you've said since a new car's computer codes must first be cracked, and that hasn't happened yet for the GT to my knowledge. So there I don't think that there are any engine tuners who can burn a chip for the GT yet. Besides that, wheels can be mounted on a car and taken off no sweat. And even if you leave them on, you won't have to worry about the dealer voiding your warantee. But you do have to worry about a dealer voiding your warantee if they find evidence of a chip being put in, or evidence of computer tampering at all to adjust the stock air/fuel ratios and/or the ignition timing advance curve. And the thought of having a warantee voided on a car that costs $200K is something to think about even for the rich and famous I'm sure.

Last edited:

rust0r

Established Member
true, a chip and wheels are alot different when it comes to warrenty, and im sure the wheels on the enzo cost a shitload...

a) they're for an enzo $$$$ regardless
b) custom wheels by a custom shop $$$$$

all my point was is that if you can afford an enzo or any 200K car, and are that set on modding it, it can happen, warrenty or not

i agree with you that alot of people are too scared of voiding it to do anything, but sooner or later some nut will come along and do something to it

stang99

Is there ever really such a thing as "fast enough"? This is a purpose built race car for the street...I have no doubts it can handle another 50-100hp no problem. In fact I'm sure we'll be seeing some crazy HP out of these monsters once the tuners start playing around with them. Would I like to own a stock GT...hell yeah!!! Would I like to own a modded GT?..HELL YEAH!!!

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by xjeeper
You are a pussy. Shut up and quit whining.

Well if you get one then you can do what ever the hell you want with it. Casue I'm sure YOUR going to get one

And you shouldn't call me a pussy. I have driven a real 427 cobra, a real Shelby KR, and a bunch of other high end exotics that you can only dream about so don't go calling me a pussy! But im sure your special S1 240 whatever the F*** kind of 98 cobra is as fast as half the cars I have driven.

PS. That was a really good first post.
Welcome to the board A**hole

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
That's just it. I question whether "the money" is even there or not. I don't think it is yet. There really aren't any owners of GT's who have had them longer than one summer. And how many people do you think there are who will purchase a rare car for 200K, and want to modify that rare car after merely putting a couple thousand miles on it? I mean the car is barely broken in. Sure I installed different gears in my Marauder after having only 1,500 miles on the car, but a Ford GT my car is NOT.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that "any tuner" can burn a chip for any car like you've said since a new car's computer codes must first be cracked, and that hasn't happened yet for the GT to my knowledge. So there I don't think that there are any engine tuners who can burn a chip for the GT yet. Besides that, wheels can be mounted on a car and taken off no sweat. And even if you leave them on, you won't have to worry about the dealer voiding your warantee. But you do have to worry about a dealer voiding your warantee if they find evidence of a chip being put in, or evidence of computer tampering at all to adjust the stock air/fuel ratios and/or the ignition timing advance curve. And the thought of having a warantee voided on a car that costs $200K is something to think about even for the rich and famous I'm sure.
I am pretty damn sure that SCT has cracked the codes in the computer for the GT, after all it is still a ford computer...and I don't see why the interchangable pulleys whipple sells for the 2.3L blower for the cobra won't work for the GT. I am assuming that the car can be tampered with from the get go, and I am sure that some will mess with it.

a 5.4L GT with some crower cams and 19lbs of boost will make in the 770whp range.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I'm hearing that the 5.7L Hemi engines in the 300C and the Magnum have codes that have NOT been cracked,(not that I like either one of those ugly eye sores!) yet that same 5.7L "Hemi" engine has been in the dodge trucks for atleast a couple years now.

So that's why I'm thinking that the computer codes would still need to be cracked for the Ford GT. But hey, I could be wrong on that. I have no doubt about what you guys are saying is true that "some day" people will be modifying GT's to make them faster, but it isn't going to be a majority of the owners by any stretch of the imagination, and there isn't likely anyone yet since there are probably barely 100 owners so far if even that. I know of someone who says that his GT is number 179 and he's still waiting for it to be built. So I just don't believe that any company is going to be in a big rush to be developing any mods for these cars just yet.

Last edited:

xjeeper

Established Member
WOOOOOOOOOOW you got to drive some pretty nice cars, you must be a MAN since you did that!

Seriously, why are you bitching about modding a GT?

AAAAND you know absolutely nothing about me so don't discount my acquiring a new GT AND modding the shit out of it.

pussy.

Last edited:

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by xjeeper
WOOOOOOOOOOW you got to drive some pretty nice cars, you must be a MAN since you did that!

Seriously, why are you bitching about modding a GT?

AAAAND you know absolutely nothing about me so don't discount my acquiring a new GT AND modding the shit out of it.

pussy.

You know nothing about me either, and all I was doing was expressing my views. I never flamed anyone in my post, and your first post on the whole board was a flame. But I guess I was in the wrong.

But honestly, are you gonna get a GT?

SVTCobra1

Established Member
Well if you get one then you can do what ever the hell you want with it. Casue I'm sure YOUR going to get one

And you shouldn't call me a pussy. I have driven a real 427 cobra, a real Shelby KR, and a bunch of other high end exotics that you can only dream about so don't go calling me a pussy! But im sure your special S1 240 whatever the F*** kind of 98 cobra is as fast as half the cars I have driven.

PS. That was a really good first post.
Welcome to the board A**hole

98 ATI p1-sc Cobra......Kinda sounds like your friend drives a Procharged 98 Cobra. If thats true then it could very well be faster than the cars you just listed.

BTW: For the record there will be some owners who will mod, but they will be few & far between.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Isn't it the engine that will be in the new Cobra? Well of course if it is someone will take the time to mod it. They'll ave the drop on the Cobra.

venom279

Established Member

There are going to be more than 100 GT 40's produced.

:beer:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by benchpress450lb
Just wondering if anyone had heard of any pullied and chipped GT's yet?

Probably not yet, BUT it's gonna happen!!:rockon:

It's no different then guys putting twin turbos on vipers...it's really fast to start with, but it can never be fast enough.;-)

:beer:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Wow, a bunch of people talking about the GT, drama, crying, and i caught a pimpslap somehwhere....yet no GT owners...no response to the THREAD.

Users who are viewing this thread