Any PS3 players on MAG yet?

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I picked the game up yesterday and, while it does take some getting used to after a couple months of MW2, it's pretty awesome. It's a completely different experience.
It's NOTHING like MW2 though. In MW2, if you are on a crappy team, but have that one player who can dominate, you still stand a pretty good chance to win the match. This is absolutely not the case in MAG. The least organized team will lose 100% of the time. If you'd like a more adult game than MW2 that takes some communication and teamwork to win, pick up MAG for sure.

And to answer everyone's question, there is absolutely NO LAG.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
hmmm... i might have to consider this. i am tired of playing MW2.

I still play MW2 and it's still good, but this game is completely different. I'm not crazy about the controls but you get used to them. I just feel that MW2's controls are a little bit more natural. Other than that, the game is great. The battles are HUGE.

Branigan77

Established Member
in theory the game sounds great!

but watching the game play, its a failure! i would never buy this game!

I feel that COD and Battlefield took an extraordinary leap ahead graphics wise. However, the actual gameplay seems a bit more in tune than MW2. There's absolutely zero lag. Been on everynight since tuesday for 1-3 hours playing and have only experienced one moment where the frames jumped for a split second. Definitely agree about the more mature crowd. Have yet to hear rap/rock music instead of team coordination. Enough said. Team work is so emphasized, that playing without competent people is almost a sure loose. Rarely can I pull a commando and take out a bunker or mortar by myself.

Last edited:

ToyoFl

Established Member
I have been wanting to get a PS# just for this game...so you are playing with like a couple of hundred people on each map right?

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
Yeah the player limit is 256. One mode has a limit of 128 but that's still a ton of people. The graphics are not on par with MW2 but the sheer amount of players is more than enough to make up for it. Not to mention the maps are 5-10x the size of the average MW2 map. I don't think the gameplay is quite as crisp as MW2, but not having to deal with the 10yr old retards and douchebags is enough to at least give it a chance. Contrary to what the guy in this thread who hasn't even played the game said, this game is not a failure, not even close.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Contrary to what the guy in this thread who hasn't even played the game said, this game is not a failure, not even close.

Probably because their cheap ass still doesn't have a ps3. If you really tout that its all about the graphics, its time to get with the times and get the system that has more potential and picking up the once coveted single console titles (braid, GTAIV ballad of gay tony just to name a few).
Not to mention heavy rain and GoW III, 2 more epic titles added.

The game looks fun and will surely grow for the maturity and for the sole purpose of not being: fight IN a team, score points for YOURSELF kind of game.

LOL I'll pick it up once my tax money comes in.

one team one fight!!!! first to ****ing fight... ooorah!!!
:burnout:

GHIG RTR

Banned
Ive been playing it for day already. Its not bad, it'll hold me over til BC2 comes out.
username= jr3623

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hey guys, im the SVT clan tag holder so if anyone wants to join send me an invite or a message on PS3 and ill add you. my name is destinationchaos

Branigan77

Established Member
I have been wanting to get a PS# just for this game...so you are playing with like a couple of hundred people on each map right?

Everybody gets broken down into squads and platoons. Usually, you're playing with a "blue" team of up to 128 people. But actually your squad is only an 8 man team. Can't communicate with other squads. Squad leaders, platoon leaders, and the OIC can all communicate with each other though.

So, I am going to alter my previous opinion on the maturity and intelligence of some people who play. Had a few instances last night where I would shoot and kill an enemy who was behind my teammate, he would get hit by the enemy, think it was me, and while I'm healing him from getting shot, he shanks me with the knife and calls me an a-hole. sigh

Friendly fire and grenade spamming your teammates are my only little nuisances at the moment. LOL, and for some reason at the start of every match, there's always one guy that spawns behind the team with the trigger held. Ends up killing a few people in the first few seconds.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
Played the demo and wasnt very impressed. Was not as smooth as MW2 and the graphics were a few steps behind.
Going to pick up Army of Two later today. The first one was sick.

Users who are viewing this thread