Any problem with codes for running your battery down?

Erich

Established Member
Yesterday, I was checking the oil and miles between last adding (1 qt per 3300 miles) and I left the key on accessory in the garage. This morning the battery is pretty much drained down. Took the 97 to work. If I jump the car, is this big brother computer going to register that I had my battery disconnected or anything? There was enough juice to show some airbag light on the dash but no sound when I turned the key.
Erich

01bluesnake

Established Member
Most of the time you will just get a ton of module communication failure codes, and low battery voltage codes. You may also get a P1000 if it was really dead. I recommend putting a charger on the battery to get it to proper voltage so the alternator isn't pumping out max amperage between charging the battery up and keeping the voltage steady to run the car's needed items.

Erich

Established Member
I wound up letting it charge off the Jeep for 3 minutes before trying to start it. Charged back quick. It did seem to have to learn that I had 87 octane in it. Heard a ping when I got on it the first time. This begs the question, how quick does it learn to advance the timing when you put 93 in it? Is it always trying to inch up the advance?
Erich

12GTPDX

Established Member
In the owner's manual, there is a specific process for retraining the PCM if the battery is dead or disconnected.

Let the car idle for 10 mins, then another 10 mins with the AC on, etc, etc ...

Users who are viewing this thread