Any private pilots out there?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
250s7e0.jpg

My wife had plane when we met. I used it to take lessons and we flew quite a bit. We would on a whim just go fly around for the hell of it. Unfortunately we both got so busy with our careers the plane sat for months at a time. She sold it a couple years ago, but we have intentions of getting another at some point.
Congrats man, I hope it’s fulfilling

Blown 89

Established Member
My entire family has their licenses and I was flying a number of years back. I didn't have the time and it's was too expensive to keep up with. Continuing with my commercial license didn't seem like it would lead to a career at the time either. I miss it and would like to get back to it when if I can ever swing it financially. My son is obsessed with airplanes. I'm trying to nurture it as much as possible.
IMG_20181028_104151_1.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
my wife has her private pilots license, she always tries to get me to fly with her, my stomach doesn't like small planes sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
my wife has her private pilots license, she always tries to get me to fly with her, my stomach doesn't like small planes sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine doesn't either but I've found those sea band wrist straps work pretty well. Every time I did ground reference maneuvers you could find me laying on the tarmac for a while after.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I took my first lesson in April and was puking within 9 minutes. I get motion sickness really bad. A few months later I was watching the DPE sign my temporary airman certificate and was a newly minted private pilot. Congrats on starting up. Enjoy the journey and if you have any questions hit me up. I just went through all of it!
045613dadc69ebc684f701e70b1f2b46.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

_Snake_

Established Member
Working on my instrument and commercial now! Aviation is awesome. It is on whole new level compared to the car scene. Flew to Oregon for lunch with a bunch of friends last weekend, we had 16 planes and 24 people.

Formation flight a while back

Flying through canyons

https://flic.kr/p/2byekkX

Let me know when you’re in FL!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I took my first lesson in April and was puking within 9 minutes. I get motion sickness really bad. A few months later I was watching the DPE sign my temporary airman certificate and was a newly minted private pilot. Congrats on starting up. Enjoy the journey and if you have any questions hit me up. I just went through all of it!
View attachment 1529103

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Jeez, I thought cars were pricey. I was looking at low hour Cessna 172s. They’re not giving them away. Appreciate the words of advice.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Commercial with Multi/Single Instrument and my CFI. It's a great time to get into flying OP. Keep up the hard work and PM me with any questions if you would like to talk. It took my 4 years to go from Private to CFI. Most recently I was able to get some time in a Phenom 100 Jet in my last year as a college student here at Purdue. Here are some of the pictures I got. Study hard, the future is bright!

20180831_133107 (1).jpg
20181021_160247.jpg
20181021_160240_HDR.jpg
20181021_182048_HDR.jpg
20181021_182634_HDR.jpg
20181021_184347.jpg

Established Member
You guys are close to home too. Took my oldest to Purdue, but he got a better deal at another school. I've thought about it for years, and I think it might be more viable now to see customers and my oldest son. Do any of you fly anything reasonably affordable but somewhat fast? Most of my runs would be in the 500-750 mile range. That might be enough to get me off the fence.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I just started the journey that Ford>Chevy finished. Hoping to have my ATP in 4 years. On PP currently. Orals will probably be my biggest obstacle.

Established Member
Another question I have is anyone part of a flying club? Plus side would be splitting costs, but risk of a jerk for a member, and how to get rid of such jerk if it worked out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread