Any power to be gained with bigger throttle body?

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I used to have a camaro, yes I was part of the dark side, and I always heard that buying a bigger throttle body for one of those would do abosloutely nothing.

Now I know this is a totally different kind of set up on my 03 Cobra so my question is do you pick up any rwhp or torque from an aftermarket throttle body?

If so, which one is the best??

Thanks

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
not much until you go to a ported blower or larger. huge gain from a pulley though, u should do that first...

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
You can get about 10 rwhp/15 rwtq from an accufab or billetflow TB. Over $500 for one.

About 8 rwhp/10 rwtq from a stock ported TB. $ 100 dollars.

mosconiac

Established Member
Best t/b choice is ported OEM. Good power/$$$ and no risk of idle/drivability issues. I had mine done and I can't say there is any downside.

stangfreak

Established Member
mosconiac said:
Best t/b choice is ported OEM. Good power/$$$ and no risk of idle/drivability issues. I had mine done and I can't say there is any downside.

when you got the stocker ported, did you notice that itwas more responsive or felt the same?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Ported stock felt the exact same as stock to me.

I've had ported stock and am now on an accufab.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
From Stiegemeier's website:

Ported Eaton 45+ HP, Ported TB 12+ HP,

From previous posts I have read, I do not recall anyone getting 25 HP from a Accufab TB - please show me a dyno sheet if I am mistaken. For the money, the Eaton/factory TB port form Stieg is the way to go (under 700.00), vs. 550.00 for just a Accufab......

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Big D's 03 said:
Stiegemeier said in an earlier thread that the accufab gave 12 more rwhp then their ported stock tb

I find that hard to believe, mabey Bob can stop in here and shed the light.

Accufab might give 12 rwhp over a ported T/B on a built up 21+ PSI twin screw car, which I don't think bob messes with.

Users who are viewing this thread