Any Porsche owners on this board?

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
I'll be picking this car up this Sunday...

p2.png

It needs some TLC but I think it might be a fun project. Anyone else here own a later model Porsche?

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I had one of those, it was a turbo, oh, and it had a LS swap in it :). With minor mods, they can be corner carving gems, with more mods, they can be very competent track day toys. You should really like it ...

Coiled03

Established Member
I'll be picking this car up this Sunday...

p2.png

It needs some TLC but I think it might be a fun project. Anyone else here own a later model Porsche?

944s = fail!

The only front engine Porsche I'd even think about is a 928 S4. And before any of those, I'd take a 911 TT.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Yup......I have owned this baby for 11 years now...sits next to my Cobra in the garage...

1990 C2 with 36,000 original miles

Great car to drive......handling, quality, looks,

2010Pictures045.jpg

May2009Pictures085.jpg

and the best part of the car.......

May2009Pictures086.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
i had a 87 911 targa i loved. i also had an early 85 944. like said they can be great corner carvers and are fun car but damn they will nickle and dime you to death lol. i want another p car in the worst way, id love a 993tt. something about the air cooled cars i like so much.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I had one of those, it was a turbo, oh, and it had a LS swap in it :). With minor mods, they can be corner carving gems, with more mods, they can be very competent track day toys. You should really like it ...

My freshman year of school, there was a red one with a turbo SBC in it. It was sweet as hell!

I'd like to pick one up someday and do an engine swap of some kind.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
i had a 87 911 targa i loved. i also had an early 85 944. like said they can be great corner carvers and are fun car but damn they will nickle and dime you to death lol. i want another p car in the worst way, id love a 993tt. something about the air cooled cars i like so much.

If I remember right you posted some pictures correct?

It's a shame that the 993TT are still out of price range....they are out of their minds on the asking price, even with high mileage.

My94GT

Established Member
If I remember right you posted some pictures correct?

It's a shame that the 993TT are still out of price range....they are out of their minds on the asking price, even with high mileage.

its because they are claimed to be the "last real 911" :rollseyes i love them but dont think i wouldnt take a 996 or 997 any day. yea i had posted pics ill have to try and dig them up. that thing was a beast, i power shifted it every chance i got, did donuts, drag raced at the track, auto xed it, and tore up some local back country roads. it sure liked to push the front end going into a corner a bit heavy on the brakes :lol1: that may not have been the fastest car but it sure was the most fun ride ive ever owned.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
My first car was a 1989 944 Turbo (same as the Turbo S in 1988). Hell of a fun car. Surprised a lot of people with fairly simple mods.

Miss that car, dont miss the maintenance bills.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Treynor he has a nice 911 Turbo Cabriolet, he also has a quite a few nice toys.
I believe he is getting the 918 when it comes out.

Yes the 918... :eek:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
928's are junk, every porsche shop in town has two or three waiting to get hauled off. Just make sure the previous owner had the timing belt changed, or make sure you do it. We still have a 924S from new and just last summer it went 14.9 stock. Not bad for a 24 year old car with 100k on it. Still fun to drive and plenty of parts. My favorite front motor is a 968 hardtop. It is a little 944 - 928 - 911 all thrown together.

But ultimate fav is late 80's 930's and early 70's 911 RS duck tails

I grew up with a family racing porsches from mid 60's to mid 70's 356's -914-6 - 911 widebodys. I was the first V8 owner in the family when I got my AMX in high school. I got to drive my uncles 944 in germany when I was 16.

Someday I will get a 930

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread