Any other non-fixed 99's out there?

Kcobra99

Established Member
I'm just wondering if anyone else never had the fix done on their 99.

When I bought mine used about 3 years ago I didn't know about the problem with the cars. When I put it on the dyno I was surprised and dissapointed to find out what a non fix Cobra actually puts down, 255hp. When I called SVT I found out that it was too late to get it fixed by them as they purged all the parts from their stock. They said that a new catback should make up for most of the problem so, a catback and midpipe later I saw 283hp at the wheels. I plan on getting the intake extude honed and a tune in the future, but the car performs alright now.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Nice numbers. With the Intake and tune you will be close to 300. You have one of the stronger 99's from what I have read. Mine had the fix. with midpipe, headers and cat back Im only at 288. With a tune I might hit 300rwhp. Doesn't matter though Im going FI.

Kcobra99

Established Member
I found my dyno sheet finally, and I guess I lied about the numbers I was making, sorry. :shrug: The baseline non-modified was 248rwhp. :nonono: The run afterwards was still 283, but the graph looks choppy at that point (there were some issues with the pickup lead on that run). The run after was solid at 281.9hp so I'm not too concerned about it. Since then, I've added a WMS CAI and FR shorty headers, but I haven't dynoed it with the new setup as I don't think it will be a significant gain (I still think the intake manifold might be bottlenecking it).

Last edited:

Kcobra99

Established Member
Here's a pic of the dyno sheet. The spot where the blue line drops down between 3100-4800rpm is from the pickup lead as well as the red from 5200-5800rpm. There was a dyno run #2 that was part of the baseline and it didn't have the dip in it, but when the sheet was printed out they screwed up and put the glitchy ones in it. However, the peak hp is unaffected in runs 1 & 4.

117488.jpg

SVECobraR

Established Member
i got my fix done about in november of 2004. i baselined 262 before fix and never got it dynoed after that. But fords just bsing with you, they have all the parts you need, they got mine in order pretty quick once they see a law suit in front of them.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Thanks for posting up... I wasnt doubting ya but sheezz... 28 hp thats Freakin Unbelievable glad to see it though Congrads on the nice numbers and Nice Car....

Kcobra99

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
i got my fix done about in november of 2004. i baselined 262 before fix and never got it dynoed after that. But fords just bsing with you, they have all the parts you need, they got mine in order pretty quick once they see a law suit in front of them.

Thanks for the heads up, I might try that route to see if I can get an intake manifold out of them sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread