Any other good wax besides Zaino?

SB 03

Established Member
I use Zymol, its light bluish green, best wax I ever used, a little more expensive but love it

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Thanks for the comments, I intend to keep with the Zaino as the first coat looks good and from what I have seen here, I expect it will only get better with more Z5, Z2 & Z6. Dont get me wrong, I was not in anyway dissapointed with Zaino at all, just more curious about people's opinions specifically about black cars.
Thanks

Black93Cobra

Established Member
I have a black '93 Cobra and I use Zymol exclusively and I am very satisfied with the results. The car has a very deep wet shine. I have been tempted to try Zanio but I haven't been convinced that it is the best. Just my $.02.

venams03

Established Member
where the h*** are all the guys that rant and raved about ZAINO??

I too sunk an investment into the ZAINO products and I also have a bad back. I managed to apply the clay bar and one coat of Z5 followed by Z6 so far and from what I can tell it looks pretty good. I am really interested in how much better it will look with two more coats of Z5. By the way, I was told that some corvette users only use Z5 as it will hide the minor swirls and shines almost as good as Z2 but you don't have to pay for the extra polish or applications.... I'm waiting to see how it turns out.

Goldy

Established Member
I like the Meguiars products. In the past, I've used their professional line (cleaner wax, show glaze, and hi-tech yellow wax). I was very happy with the results.

Just yesterday, I used the Meguiars Medallion premium paint protection on the advice of Meguairs. Actually, I used the Meguiars clay bar, the #7 show glaze polish (as I have before), and then the Medallion Premium Paint Protection product. I'm very happy with the results.

The car I applied the Meguiars Medallion to is my '03 Cobra; it's black and looks very nice. I've seen other cars, black and silver, which have been Zaino'd. Truth be told, I cannot tell a difference by looking. I'm not certain if one lasts longer than the other.

For what it's worth, I used an orbital buffer for the first time yesterday when applying the Meguiars products (I've always done this by hand before.). I was concerned that I was going to scratch/damage the paint. But after reading the instructions carefully, and listening to the advice offered by Meguiars, I gave it a shot. There were just a couple of areas I had to do by hand; portions of the trunk around the license plate, and around the windshield as I have a convertible top. I must say I am very impressed with ease, and speed the buffer provides, as well as the shine. I don't see myself polishing/waxing a car by hand again. I used the Porter-Cable 7336 sander/polisher; a very nice peice.

And yes, the clay-bar is very important for a silky smooth finish. Meguiars also recommended to me to use the Mediallion Premium Paint Cleaner. However, I skipped this step as the paint was clean to begin with.

Good Luck.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I don't think most people would argue that Mothers/Meguiars/Zymol shines just as much as Zaino. The beauty of Zaino is it's durability and longevity. It is a synthetic blend with no oils or wax. Believe it or not, a carnauba wax will actually give your car a slight yellow tinge. I prefer to have the true, intended color of my car shine through, while still knowing that the polish I applied had no abrasives or cheap oils that wash off after a few washings.

Sure, the initial Dawn, Claybar, Z1 and Z5/Z2 takes a long time, but you only have to do that one time if you want. A lot of people only use the actual polish once every several months, and simply maintain the shine with the gloss enhancer spray. The car wash has the polishing elements in it as well, so every wash not only cleans, but enhances the shine.

The stuff really is amazing. Don't even get me started on the leather conditioner :eek:

coleman

Established Member
...Believe it or not, a carnauba wax will actually give your car a slight yellow tinge. I prefer to have the true, intended color of my car shine through...

kewl! my car *is* yellow ... sounds like an endorsement to me!

Users who are viewing this thread