Any one with some Cool Lightning wheels

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by r6bullet
In the first pic I put the rims on, in the second pic I lowered it, and took the orange out of the side marker, and made the ford emblem black. Tell me what you think
lightning.jpg

lightning2.gif
Thanks man, that looks cool, I think the photochop didn't show the lip from the wheels but looks good, I am lowering it in a few weeks, and hopefully in a few months I'll have the cash saved up for the wheels and tires> I hate to ask but could you take a pic I have and chop the wheels one it?

r6bullet

Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
I hate to ask but could you take a pic I have and chop the wheels one it?

Which pic? Which wheels?
Sorry but I didn't follow that :??:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Which pic? Which wheels?
Sorry but I didn't follow that :??:
Here ya go, this what my truck looks like now and better profile and those wheels you used above(chromeones)
wNDkzMjk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

r6bullet

Established Member
Ok, this pic was a little hard. Due to the angle of the truck and wheels. Trying to put angled wheels on a flat truck. If you have any more pics of your truck I would be happy to try some more pics. This is what I came up with after a few min. of messing around with it.
lightning3.gif

And do you by chance want to trade for a 94 Z28? lol
Let me know

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
r6bullet, thanks man I wish I could get air bags but too much dough and not what I am gonna do to truck looking more at performance than looks just want some nice wheels, what program are you using to chop?

r6bullet

Established Member
I'm glad you liked the bags, lol
Adobe photoshop 7.0 is what I use, it can do some amazing things if you now how. I don't even now how to use most of the tools and things. And I must say your truck looks good with those chrome wheels on it. And remember I am willing to trade you my Z for your L. Let me know

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I'm glad you liked the bags, lol
Adobe photoshop 7.0 is what I use, it can do some amazing things if you now how. I don't even now how to use most of the tools and things. And I must say your truck looks good with those chrome wheels on it. And remember I am willing to trade you my Z for your L. Let me know

cool, I was looking at buying photoshop suite something but I check into adobe 7.0, thanks again, as far as trading thanks but I love this truck too much I almost sold it a month ago, but I got the ole budget straight, just had to tighten down the spending and save more. So next up is wheels, then pulley and chip, I can't wait.

r6bullet

Established Member
Ok so no trade, but if you ever change your mind you know where to find me. Good luck with the wheels, pulley, and chip. It might be hard to save money once you start doing those mods. You will get bitten by the mod bug, it will make you want to keep going. Thats what happened with my camaro, now I have nothing left to bolton and I would have to do some internal mods to make it go any faster. But I think I am just going to get rid off it next year and get a 01+ Lightning. I just love those trucks

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I seriously think this we'll be the project for the next long while, I don't want another stang and no offense never liked the look of the 93newer Z-28, but maybe a vette someday if money allows it. Good luck with finding a L. Thanks again, Paul

r6bullet

Established Member
No offense taken, the F-body is one of those cars that you love or hate. Now if you don't like the look of a 98-02 WS6 T/A then their might be a problem. Those are nice looking cars, and like you said a vette. With the C6 coming out you could probobly find a good deal on a C5 then mod that. Those LS1 engines make a great base to start from, they are mean. What kind of stang did you have?

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I went to a local SVTOA meet and this guy had a red L, with chrome rims, what he did though, was that he pained behind the spokes red...they were deep dish (i guess that is what its called when you can see all the way through)...dam they were sharp...its hard to explain, I wish I could have gotten some pics...

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
No offense taken, the F-body is one of those cars that you love or hate. Now if you don't like the look of a 98-02 WS6 T/A then their might be a problem. Those are nice looking cars, and like you said a vette. With the C6 coming out you could probobly find a good deal on a C5 then mod that. Those LS1 engines make a great base to start from, they are mean. What kind of stang did you have?
Yea always liked the ws6, check out my site
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lightninbuff

r6bullet

Established Member
Nice fox bodies, how fast was the blue one? I wanted a WS6 for my next car but like you said you wanted to change it up. I have always liked the look of lightnings and after hanging out over on the 2nd gen board I think that is what I want. And is the lightings auto tranney good enough to were you don't mind it is an auto? Because I really wanted a stick for my next car, but I think I could live with an auto in a Lightning. <--Does that make any sense? lol

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Nice fox bodies, how fast was the blue one? I wanted a WS6 for my next car but like you said you wanted to change it up. I have always liked the look of lightnings and after hanging out over on the 2nd gen board I think that is what I want. And is the lightings auto tranney good enough to were you don't mind it is an auto? Because I really wanted a stick for my next car, but I think I could live with an auto in a Lightning. <--Does that make any sense? lol
That blue one was a top speed car, it got up to 156mph, according to a buddies bike that was running with me one night, the best et got out was a 14.5 but the car was dropped 2 inches so didn't have good rake or weight distribution, never hooked up off the line, I am happy with L transmission but still miss a 5 speed. THe nice thing about the L's auto is just put it in drive and throttle out the hole steady and firmly it doesn't shift til redline at wot. Trust me you won't regret getting an L.:beer:

r6bullet

Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
That blue one was a top speed car, it got up to 156mph, according to a buddies bike that was running with me one night, the best et got out was a 14.5 but the car was dropped 2 inches so didn't have good rake or weight distribution, never hooked up off the line, I am happy with L transmission but still miss a 5 speed. THe nice thing about the L's auto is just put it in drive and throttle out the hole steady and firmly it doesn't shift til redline at wot. Trust me you won't regret getting an L.:beer:

Cool, my camaro does the same thing. Shifts at redline, and thats why I wanted a stick is because my camaro is an auto. The stang is a 5-Speed and it is a blast to drive. Sounds like everybody that has a lightning likes it so I don't think I will hate it. Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread