Any one interested in my wheel adapters?

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
I recently had my factory wheels widened to 10” and I ordered a custom set of bolt on adapters to fit a 93 cobra. I knew I was going to have a tight fit but when I took the measurements for the adapters I forgot to factor in the material I used to undercoat my undercarriage so I had a little rubbing. The tires I’m running are very straight walled and will allow me to move the wheel out further so I’m planning on going with a larger size adapter – so I need to offload these if possible.

They’re still new and the car hasn’t been on the street with them yet. Made of 6061t6 billet aluminum, 7/8’ wide and are hub/wheel centric and come with a Lifetime Warranty from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Technology I paid $160 for them – If you’re interested email at [email protected].

IMG00239-20100816-1436.jpg

Thank you,

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
For a second there, I thought you were abandoning ship with your wheel project. Post up some pics when you finish up!

WillyB93

Established Member
That kinda sucks with the spacers , Its all trial and error sometimes!!

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
We’ll I could probably make it work and just deal with it. It’s just that its scuffing off some of the undercoating which I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into so I rather do it right and just space it out a tad more. My cars about 80% back together since I completely tore it down a year ago. It’s just been one thing or another slowing me down with the build up (usually money and time). I’ll keep you guys posted. I have a complete fuel system I’ll be installing in the next week or two. I purchased the 600hp package from Glenn’s Performance, from the stealth tank to the billet fuel rails (drooling).

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
Looks like I was able to play around a bit and adjust a little more wiggle room from the panhard rod so they work. Now I just need to find time to finish my wire tuck mod, installing my fuel system, front fenders, rear bumper, exhaust, interior panels, top end, hood and.....sigh....I think I tried to tackle too many projects at one time. Oh well.

cwhoodman

Established Member
Can't wait to see pictures! I am in the teardown process of my 93 Teal cobra. I would love to widen the stock rear rims as well, any tips on how to measure properly? I am concerned about rubbing and exhaust pipe clearance.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
It’s actually pretty simple but to make sure I had a perfectly centered rear I installed a pan hard rod, which was part of my suspension modification plans anyways. To check the offset and center of my rear I used a plum-bob from the edge of the fender to a fixed object on the rear, or rim if mounted.

Once you have your rear end centered grab an extra set of lug nuts (8 lugs). With your rear wheels removed screw your first set of lugs down to your desired backspacing, I’d start with ½” spacing. Make sure to measure from the face of your hub (where the back of your wheel rest on the rotor) to the outside of your lug – this will simulate your spacer. Then slap your wheel and tire combo on, bolt it down, and check your clearance from all angles making sure there’s no rubbing. You can also use the plum-bob to check for fender clearance. Keep adjusting your inner lugs until you get the desired spacing and do this to both sides of the car. When you get everything set where you want it, drop the car to the ground and roll it a few feet to make sure you still have spacing once the cars suspension is loaded. You want to make sure everything is clear beforem ordering your custom spacers. Since the tires I’m running are straight walled I’m planning on going with a wider set of spacers to push my combo out further so the set above are up for grabs.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread