Any one have a pic of...

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Not related to this question, but that little DIY guide is exactly what I've been looking for, my hood has to be slammed just right to get it to catch, such a PITA. Gonna do this little mod over the weekend, hope it solves the problem.

bulldogg

11 5.0
Established Member
My brace had a loose bolt at the bottom side. Went ahead and put a new beefier bolt in there as well as the washers at the top side.

Don't want people to think you are doing some type of destructive testing 3 foot drop every time you close the hood ~.o

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
My brace had a loose bolt at the bottom side. Went ahead and put a new beefier bolt in there as well as the washers at the top side.

Don't want people to think you are doing some type of destructive testing 3 foot drop every time you close the hood ~.o

Yeah, whenever I go to close my hood in the morning if I take the Cobra that day, my wife thinks I'm breaking something because I have to close the hood so hard to get it to catch. Really hope this takes care of it, such a pain.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I find that if I rest the hood down and give it a firm push it latches without any problem, I used to slam it and it would not close....sometimes less force works better.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I find that if I rest the hood down and give it a firm push it latches without any problem, I used to slam it and it would not close....sometimes less force works better.

You will crack the paint on a fiberglass hood that way. You might be all right with the stocker.

When I went to a glass hood, that was much lighter I asked the body guy how I should close it. He recommended your method. After a while I noticed a line forming in the paint. So I've gone back to the Ford drop. The 00R guys have documented "the crack" pretty well. FWIW :beer:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Added two thin washers to the underside of the latch and it's much, much easier to close now.

Wish I'd done this, or knew about it, a lot sooner.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
You will crack the paint on a fiberglass hood that way. You might be all right with the stocker.

When I went to a glass hood, that was much lighter I asked the body guy how I should close it. He recommended your method. After a while I noticed a line forming in the paint. So I've gone back to the Ford drop. The 00R guys have documented "the crack" pretty well. FWIW :beer:

Hmmmm...I guess I need to be careful as that's how I've been closing my new hood. I've adjusted the latch some to get it where I want it, but apparently more needs to be done. Attempting to align a hood and latch is a ****ing pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread