Any one ever had any work done at Alternative auto or Pauls High Performance?

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Any customer reviews for Alternative auto performance(Lidio Lackabelli),or Pauls H.P shop? Trying to compare the two. I have had work done by Lidio. FLSFC'S welded up and a custom tune. He's a great guy and very friendly but he seemed to rush through my car because he is so busy in the summer. The driveability has never been right since the tune(Rpm's to high,occasional stalling)I have brought it back 4 times know. He has always been very apologetic but its still not right and he is blaming it on the JLT C.A.I but several others run the JLT with no issues. The welds don't look that great on the sub frame connectors either. I just don't know what to do, should i start taking my business to Paul's High Performance? I really like Lidio. His shop is awesome, not to mention very close(like right down the street). Any advice?

Last edited:

Ordakow

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have also been to Alternative and felt some what rushed. I am going there again shortly and ill let you know how it goes- hopefully better then last !

ewingfly

Established Member
I have had my car at Alternative Auto for a custom tune and pulley change. I went there a few times before to discuss what I wanted done and he seemed very helpful. He was fairly busy but he did answer everything I had questions for. And the tune is terrific on my car. I have no complains. Would and do recommend him to others. Never been to Pauls so cant comment there.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have an AA Xcal3 canned tune on my marauder and couldn't be happier... I know alot of marauder people love going to him, a few people have had issues but most are happy...

If your not happy, I'd take your car back and tell him to fix it. You are paying to have it perfect, its not, and it should be.

I don't know as much about PHP as I do AA, I know he's done some marauder stuff when these cars first came out, he was also the first one to swap an 03 cobra motor + T56 into a marauder. I haven't heard anything bad about them......

Users who are viewing this thread