Any official TSB on steering creak?

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
It's been a while now that I've lived with the steering creak noise that occurs when turning the steering wheel to the right. There was no official ford fix the dealer could do before that would really fix it half a year ago. Just wondering if they finally have one now. If someone knows of one, could you post the TSB number and description? I'd like to take it in only if they can really fix it.

Thanks!

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So do they actually have an updated part that doesn't have the metal sleeve sticking out past the rubber? Or how did they fix the problem?

TTA89

Established Member
If you just get under there and tighten the 2 rack bolts it will go away. Its really just that easy. :burnout:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Search|Advanced Search

Key Words: steering TSB

Search Titles Only

:read:

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
TTA89 said:
If you just get under there and tighten the 2 rack bolts it will go away. Its really just that easy. :burnout:

Any diagrams to point out what exactly are the bolts that need to be tightened? From other posts, I gathered that this shouldn't fix the problem though because the bushings have excessive metal in the guide causing you to not be able to tighten any furthur.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
bcwang said:
Any diagrams to point out what exactly are the bolts that need to be tightened? From other posts, I gathered that this shouldn't fix the problem though because the bushings have excessive metal in the guide causing you to not be able to tighten any furthur.

I tightened them and then shot some wd40. No problem now and it has been 6 months or longer.

Users who are viewing this thread