Any of your departments gotten the new Ford Police Vehicles?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Saw a couple Explorer trucks around a suburb of OKC, looked pretty damn sharp.

I know OKCPD ordered quite a few, but anyone else have hands on experience with them? I need to know to see what other headlights I need to be on the lookout for you know...

wesessiah

Established Member

slapshot

Established Member
Oddly enough, there isn't one department in my area that has either of the Ford cruisers yet. I think the Charger will be much more popular this year. We bought a batch of police package Tahoe's this year to try. They will be issued to FTO's and some supervisors. Then the CVPI's they turn in will be reissued so some of the older p.o.s. Impala's can be retired finally. When it comes time to start replacing patrol Crown Vics, my bet is on the Charger.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
We are passing on them...too small. I think we will be in Caprices unless Dodge cuts us the same deal they did OSP.

vfast

Established Member
we have several of the new tauras' so far all i have seen them used by is sergeants.

jshen

Established Member
Everyone here is/has to gone to Chargers either in 6 or 8s. Crown Vics are plentiful as well. I heard there is a company recycling the police CVs for return to service?

Personally I don't trust the longivity of turbos on a police car. Abrupt starting and stopping?

STROKED2VALVE

Established Member
We should be getting a few of the new explorers. A few of us got to demo one and I wasn't too impressed. We also have tahoes and chargers. Tahoes are too slow/heavy and chargers won't stay running. :shrug:

steeltoe

Established Member
Local Sheriffs got rid of all their Crown Vics and Chargers for Taurus. There were 15 cars waiting to be decaled before I left for Antarctica.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread